Boyz of the White Handz

Questions & Tips on painting, converting, and photographing models. This is also a great place to show off your latest work.

Are the Boyz of the White Handz a good theme?

Absolutely
86%
No way, idiotic
No votes
Meh, don't really care
No votes
Its your hobby, do whatever you want
14%

Total votes : 14

Boyz of the White Handz

Postby BrentS » Fri Jan 30, 2009 11:02 am

Sorry no pictures but I want to ask if people here at AWC think this is good idea or a truly awful idea.

I'm a die-hard Lord of the Rings player but have recently decided to at least learn the rules for 40K. I'm strangely attracked the the Ork models - they just make me laugh. At this point, I've gotten the main rule book, the Ork Codex and two sets of Orks from the Black Reach boxed set. I've been trying to settle on a painting theme but wanted to do something a little different.

So here's where the crazy idea came in. What about combining LOTR with 40K and using the White Hand of Saruman (Fighting Uruk-Hai) as the iconography for the models? Its basically just a painted white hand over the faces, armor and things. I'd have the freedom to do the armor in metallics and blacks or even reds.

I've got several LOTR related hobby commitments up to Adepticon, but shortly after that I'm going to start building up my Ork force. Regardless of what theme I settle on, I'll post the results here.
BrentS

Postby jlong05 » Fri Jan 30, 2009 11:16 am

Brent, I think this is a great idea. Especially cause I had the same plan for my Orks. Guess I will have to think of something new now. Maybe I could go with a Mordor theme and its Iconography....

I have been trying to get everything else completed before I started, so I still have a bit of time before I start my Orks. I look forward to seeing your progress.
The only "hobby" GW is interested in is lining their pockets with your money.
jlong05

Postby knitemare » Fri Jan 30, 2009 11:58 am

I think it would look awesome. I don't believe anyone would have an issue with it, especially since you are a pretty awesome painter.
It's only about painting now.
knitemare

Return to Painting & Modeling