Adepticon Competition ?

From Dawn of War and Warhammer Online to Epic: Final Liberation and Warhammer: Shadow of the Horned Rat, there have been a few great (and many not so great) computer games based on Games Workshop products over the years. Install and discuss.

Adepticon Competition ?

Postby turbo tj » Mon Oct 06, 2008 2:24 pm

Would anyone be interested in competing in a DOW or Warhammer online competition at Adepticon?

I'm trying to get a read on GW fans that would be willing to do it.
"FOR THE GREATER GOOD!!"
"FOR THE KAHN AND THE EMPEROR!"
Chapter Master: Destroyers Chapter
turbo tj

Postby RichN » Mon Oct 06, 2008 3:06 pm

Who would supply the gaming gear and maintain the network needed for these events? That's the biggest question.
Terrain, Modeling and More... Chicago Terrain Factory
RichN

Postby turbo tj » Mon Oct 06, 2008 3:25 pm

Depending on who is playing, most competitions have people bring their own systems and most hotels host a network system available in their convention rooms.
Not sure how up to date the facility is but it's worth investigation. Also it would help if there were any Adepticon reps who are willing to assist.
So again it depends on how many are interested and if Adpeticon is willing to do it.
"FOR THE GREATER GOOD!!"
turbo tj

Postby Huoshini » Wed Oct 08, 2008 5:47 pm

As long as it dosen't conlict with other main warhammer events(IE- Championchips and invitationals) I would be down for participating. As long as me and my crew decide to drive this year I would have no problems bring my system
G.R.A.M.P.A
AdeptusBrewCityJoe wrote:Yeah I guess you are right.

"When you're in the garage, Bring out the damn dinosaurs!" -Phil Kelly

Lord Sportsman: Adepticon 2010
Huoshini

Postby Arander » Wed Oct 08, 2008 7:10 pm

I don't really see a huge demand for this, especially if people are required to bring their own systems. Theres enough crap that I need to bring with just my army, but add a monitor, tower and computer accessories to the mix, with the required luggage and cooler for "snackables" thats just way too much stuff.

It's a cool idea, but the amount of work going into it for setup is probably more than what its really worth. The DOW games are a few years old now, and I doubt are played by a large majority. Add to that people showing up with the wrong patches, different expansions... well the list of potential problems goes on and are probably unsurmountable, especially for a 3day weekend geared more towards tabletop rather than computer games.
Arander

Postby turbo tj » Sun Oct 12, 2008 10:28 am

Ok can we get some more constructive ideas and or suggestions? I really would like to get some more feedback.
"FOR THE GREATER GOOD!!"
turbo tj

Postby Brian » Mon Oct 13, 2008 3:17 pm

Given that the game can easily be played over the internet (as opposed to 40k) I'd surmise that there would be little or no serious interest in this.

Why not just form an AWC group that plays online regularly?
Brian

Postby turbo tj » Tue Oct 14, 2008 11:13 am

Brian wrote:Why not just form an AWC group that plays online regularly?

Been trying to do that for some time, but not having much luck. That's the reason I'm suggesting this as a way of connecting additional players that may not have access to AWC.
"FOR THE GREATER GOOD!!"
turbo tj

Return to Digital GW Games