Gondor vs High Elves

You just finished the best game of your life and you have to let the world know just how cool it was! Post your report here with all the glorious details.

Gondor vs High Elves

Postby Guardian of Ecthelion » Mon Nov 29, 2010 9:21 am

As we were sitting around Firday night Josh and I decided to play a game.
He wanted to try something different so he asked if he could use my Gondor army. Isaid sure and brought the High elves out of mothballs.
His Force
Boromir
Faramir
24 warriors 8 Each
10 Knights of Minas Tirith

My Force
Twins
Capt
33 elves 11 of each

SO we rolled Take and Hold, neither one of like the reserves rule so we just deployed 6 inches from the table edge. I deployed first and he countered.
Turn 1 I won priority and moved he countered the elves were able to volley fire and actually killed a Knight
Turn 2 Another round aof volley fire and the elves unhorsed Faramir.
Turn 3 Jsh won priority and was able to get some Cav charges in. I was able to puts wounds on Faramir shooting and he had to use fate plus 2 might to stick around. The knights wreeeked havoc on my right flank, killing 3 elves and an elf Capt.
Turn 4 Josh left Boromir out in the open to shot and that is what I did. Gave him 3 wounds and Josh burned all three fate to stay alive. Ellidan got into combat with Faramir along with another elf, won the fight and killed him. I was able to take away his charge on the right flank, i won fights but was unable to do any damage. I lost 2 fights on the flank and he killed 2 more elves.
Turn 5 Elves won priority again, Elrohir anlong with another elf got to Boromir, horn of Gondor had no effect, again I took away the charge of the Cav, same result he would kill every time he won a fight and i couln't.
I was able to kill Bormir and this left Josh a little upset.
We had to take a break and go to Walgrreens for my wife, go figure, well it is the least Ican do seeings how she lets me play with toy soldiers.
Turn 6 Gondor wins prioty and caharges what is left of my right flank and actually gets into my main line. Ellidan was able to help there and his archers were in range of mine and visa versa. His Cav crushes my flank and archers 8 shots kill 4 elven archers, i shoot back and Whiff.
Turn 7 sees me one elven death away from breaking and he is still above 75%. He also has a number of Gondorians on top of the oblective. I thought about a heroic combat but thse don't ussally go well for me. Anyways he kills 3 more elves and I am broke. Rolls to see if the game goes on and Josh rolls a 1 GAME OVER. I LOST.
It took about 5-10 mins while were picking up for him to realize he beet me for the first time. Needless to say my wife got a whole batlle report while she was scrapbooking.
Of course he asked if I was going to post this because I was taking some notes during the game. I told him " No not know" the frown on his face was priceless.
I lied.
Congrats Josh. Good Game.
Guardian of Ecthelion

Postby BrentS » Mon Nov 29, 2010 9:56 am

Wow, you slaughtered the heroes but it sounds like you weren't able to kill the rank and file.
BrentS

Postby knight of Gondor » Mon Nov 29, 2010 4:32 pm

that is what gondor does best survive (yea shields and heavy armor!)
From the darkness a fire shall be woken
A light from the shadow shall spring
Renewed shall blade that was broken
The crownless again shall be king
knight of Gondor

Postby BostonNazgul » Mon Nov 29, 2010 8:38 pm

haha heroic movement to walgreens to avoid the "enemies" heroes wrath? its always good to get that notch on the belt win!
BostonNazgul

Return to Battle Reports (LotR)