BBB best over all.... by a lot

You just finished the best game of your life and you have to let the world know just how cool it was! Post your report here with all the glorious details.

BBB best over all.... by a lot

Postby griffen127 » Thu Nov 11, 2010 2:16 pm

Game 1 The Artifact

Me vs. Jamie

Ok so, I have been playing this game since the day it came out, I have know Jamie from the days when Challenge Games sold more GW product than Warhammer World, and carried a large more complete selection then them too (fact). Yet I have never had the fortune to play Jamie. The game started with its usual banter. So I started it off with the drummer getting my army on the artifact first and dug it up on the first time to boot!! Combat was minor as mounted super Faramir with his knights came crashing in, they killed some and lost some to. The bright point of it all was Faramir spending 2 will to stop transfix. Winning priority was a great help I moved the line up to let the back pick up the artifact, I also compelled Faramir off his horse won combat and beat on his armor with no effect (it happened o so much this game) The next turns showed our lines joined but with the drummer in the right spot I whisked a small force around the flank and off the board. I continued to transfix good old boy and NEVER wounded him lol so it is. It was a really fun game and a really good opponent.

Major Win

Game 2 For Wraith, For Ruin

Me vs. Josh

So we placed our forces and I have to say that’s a lot of Dwarfs with A lot of hero power. Idea was get Shag into combat against the bow away from the heroes and do what he does best. The game started with the drummer getting my forces into position. I did not place Shag in until he had lined up and committed to attack my weak brick and archer column. Shag gets in and kills 4 in one turn 1 point of might down. Then Dain has no problem killing his single tracker. I say I am sorry before I do it and sound the drum pulling my force about 7 inches away to keep the attack on if he wins priority. Shag gets 3 more kills, Dain nothing. Dwarfs win priority and charge, my line takes the hit and the drum sounds and place my army back, shooting allows me to kill my own tracker with 12 shots and do nothing to Dain (what I wanted) Shag kills 1 more, my army is beat up and his is fine I have been taking the loses too quickly break my force and limit Dain’s chances to wound. It works rather well. A few more turns I am broken, my heroes are out of range and I watch as my army disappears game over. It is a major win not how I wanted it but the rules of the game gave me license to break my self.

Game 3 Domination

Me vs. the ringer

This damn game you play in every tourney so no shock it was here but man I really dislike it. And talk about an evil ringer army wow it’s the nastiest ringer force I have seen ever and he was playing for the gold to boot. Idea split my force into 3 unequal parts counter his moves play the range game with the crossbowmen and go for a minor win (start small and go from there). The first few turns saw the dance start, I killed 3 crossbowmen, 2 bezerkers and a couple of orcs with shooting and no hits to me, sweet. My left Flank his main body and crushed it pretty hard, the only exception the Captain dear god I transfixed him 5 times won 4 of them and put well over 28 strikes on him at strength 4 no wounds, LOL so it is and I moved on. With the Left objective mine I pushed my small unit to the right, laid some trackers down behind a tree on my objective and sent the rest of the trackers to fight and win (they died o so bad) At this point the ringer was 2 figs from broken I was 17 from broken, needing to get at least 1 other point I shielded and did everything I could to not kill. I had the advantage of numbers and momentum so I used with the drummer letting me fly past some units and take his and I took the deployment base. I continued to shield and run towards the last objective but I broke him and the game ended before I could get more figs into 3 inches. I believe 2 more turns and it would have been a major but no dice. Minor to me a really interesting game.

Game 4 Reconnoiter

Me vs. Julian

This game is my bag with a drummer the will to kill all my own figs but 1(the guy I get off the board) and seeing shooting as a waste of points, it’s all about me on this one. The game started with the drummer letting everyone move no shooting (all game) just moving 9 inches. After 3 turns of moving I unfold my line charge in faint a frontal assault and send all the trackers and about 8 Uruks pairs and the wraith to the side. I blow past set up a skirmish line and send 8 guys off the board in 1 turn the next 2 turns saw 5 more get off. With my goal complete I put the drummer in front of the archers and the Wraith too. The combat line does not use its support and starts to die at a fantastically horrible rate. With Julian’s line mostly stopped and the archers way out of position Julian helps me break my force and ends the game. All and all a little less than an hour, great game some very interesting moves made and some crazy good shooting too. Major win

Game 5 Meeting Engagement

Me vs. Tim

So here it is I have to lose to have less battle points any thing above a draw and I win but go for the win. Idea since it’s a total different army to face I am going to keep my eyes open and adapt, there is no plan besides keep shag alive and get him in combat that’s it. Funny the biggest game had no strategies from me but you could argue that, that means it’s harder to play. Anyway the dance starts and we dance……… and dance…….. and dance……. I have no real idea what Tim is doing but I see great points in the terrain as obstacles and anchors for my flanks, As he moves I move. With time running down and seeing that Time will not put himself in the hurt locker first I place my force in a position to be attacked but keep some of the advantages by taking an anchor on my far left and using a swing line on the far right. Tim sees the advantage I let though and hits hard, killing man winning almost all the fights and taking a big bit out. The next turn shag gets in and does what he does my line reforms and sets in. It’s a fight with everything across the entire board. I roll bad again but do much better than before; this goes on for 1 more turn. Tim’s broken we have 5 min left, it’s going to be a draw but I do a little more, I compel his shaman out and hit him with shag, hit his other shaman with a tracker and dog pile the orc captain…… Again. All and all I kill the Shaman with Shag and the game ends. 2 more turns perhaps jut 1 more and I would have won but it’s a draw. (I see it as a loss)

So I take best overall. It’s a very fun time and I am glad to have been there.

Thanks to All :twisted: :twisted:
griffen127

Re: BBB best over all.... by a lot

Postby Smeagol » Fri Nov 12, 2010 4:15 pm

griffen127 wrote:Me vs. Tim

So here it is I have to lose to have less battle points any thing above a draw and I win but go for the win. Idea since it’s a total different army to face I am going to keep my eyes open and adapt, there is no plan besides keep shag alive and get him in combat that’s it. Funny the biggest game had no strategies from me but you could argue that, that means it’s harder to play. Anyway the dance starts and we dance……… and dance…….. and dance……. I have no real idea what Tim is doing but I see great points in the terrain as obstacles and anchors for my flanks, As he moves I move.

I was trying to get into an advantageous position to launch an attack. Any frontal assault would be an auto loss for me. Hitting your center would just collaspe your flanks onto mine another auto loss for me. I couldn't get to your right flank without cutting off the attacking force from support and your left wasn't much better. The best I could do was weather your archery and try and draw you into a more open position. When we fianlly engaged we were as good as I was going to get. Shagrat was out of position for at least two turns (three as it turned out), but that wraith gutted any chance of me pulling off anything fancy on your left.

Like you I had no idea what you were planning or thinking tactically, but I was darned sure I wasn't going to walk into a battle of attrition.

griffen127 wrote:With time running down and seeing that Tim will not put himself in the hurt locker first I place my force in a position to be attacked but keep some of the advantages by taking an anchor on my far left and using a swing line on the far right. Tim sees the advantage I let though and hits hard, killing man winning almost all the fights and taking a big bit out.
My high water mark.

griffen127 wrote:2 more turns perhaps jut 1 more and I would have won but it’s a draw. (I see it as a loss)
Only one more turn. That last turn had inflicted a lot of casaulties on my force and I was just above 25%.
Smeagol

Postby BrentS » Fri Nov 12, 2010 5:02 pm

Thanks for posting... I enjoy hearing what people thought about their games.
BrentS

Return to Battle Reports (LotR)