B3 Greatest or not-so-greatest Moments

You just finished the best game of your life and you have to let the world know just how cool it was! Post your report here with all the glorious details.

B3 Greatest or not-so-greatest Moments

Postby Guardian of Ecthelion » Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:58 pm

Ok I thought I would try a new thread because my battle reports suck.

Memorable moments from B3 in no real order except in the order of the games I played.
RD 1 Artifact--John sorry for mentioning this but archery shat Gwahir and made her burn her only fate, she attacked 2 iron guard to to get to Gimli (with the football) IG win the fight and roll 3 sixes in 4 dice to kill her. Holy crap!!
RD 2 One flippin dice roll (':shock:') I am sre Tim will write about this in his report, long story shot C of C Gimli 4 Orc Capt on Warg 3 he attacks 2 dwarves, we both roll sixes and tied combat, same fight skill, dice roll off goes Tims way and he kills both dwarves and winns game 5 to 4.
RD 3 Domination-- Against Jeff Reske who I play alot, march cav right at my archers and they got shot up, unhorsed Faramir and trapped him he won a few but after a few combats Faramir was dead.
RD 4 Recon--Against Tyler with Grey Co and Gondor-- The idea was to have Gimli punch a hole through the middle and SPRINT for the edge. My left flank turned out to be unkillable, and ate some rangers for lunch and made a mad dash for the edge.
RD 5-- Meeting Engagement-- Against Frank Brown--- At range the Rangers were deadly in H2H a different story. The most memorable hear was when Gimli and an Iron Guard went against a Dwarf warrior with shield and lost the fight, nothing higher than a two with 5 dice, then frank rolls a 6 with one die to kill the Iron Guard. Really?
Another favorite story comes from my son Josh who played Kyle (the tournament winner in C of C) Kyle moved awat from Dain and Dain couldn't catch anyone to kill. Josh told me I had him I could reach a few of them but the all failed courage rolls and ran away leaving nothing for Dain to do, but take his 3 points for a major loss. At the end Josh was broke and Kyle had 3 guys left but Shagrat outkilled Dain 10 to 3 or something like that.

What are some your guys favorite or not so favorite moments?
Guardian of Ecthelion

Postby Sajii » Mon Nov 08, 2010 4:01 pm

In meeting engagement, I outshot arnor and killed 10ish guys out of 50 shooting before engaging with my 71 morannon Orc army. He completely wrecked my army in combat and only a won priority and last might point let me pull off the win. One ranger made 5 malbeth saves, and arvedui spanked shagrat in 2 turns. Oh how my army fears arnor now!
What, do I sign my name here or something?
Sajii

Postby Smeagol » Mon Nov 08, 2010 11:56 pm

Game one:
Not so good - Robert's elves pull of a masterful level of abuse and break my force, which I hadn't thought possible, but when you lose Priority several turns in a row and get none of the roll offs for Heroic Moves it's going to happen. At this point I was sure I lost the game.

Good stuff - I grabbed the artifact because Robert forgot to pick it up with one of the twins.

The turn the elves broke my only viable tactical option of fighting for a draw changed to "I have a chance" when several elves fled and thinned out the flank I had the artifact on.

Game two:
Tere are too many of both types to name. The series of events that occurred to give me a win is unreal. I was losing that game and all the while I was decimating the dwarves.

Game three:
Good stuff - I was able to dictate the battle and outmaneuvered my oppponent. I was saved by the clock.

The bad stuff - combat.

Game Four:
Nothing went wrong for me in this game. John's force got torn up, but he took it very well. I wish I were as good a sportsman when playing games.

Game Five:
Miserable wraith. I had it dead to rights, but couldn't think outside the box to get the job done at the time. It came to me later how I should have taken it out while I was decompressing at dinner. Lesson learned and it won't happen again.
Smeagol

Return to Battle Reports (LotR)