Arwen's Holiday

You just finished the best game of your life and you have to let the world know just how cool it was! Post your report here with all the glorious details.

Arwen's Holiday

Postby BostonNazgul » Sat Jul 04, 2009 12:21 pm

Well, it turns out that grandma galadriel will not be getting a nice basket of goodies from little red riding arwen. They were foiled by a shield bashing easterling force, in reality if either of our armies had decided to put the pointy ends on their weapons into the other person, it could have ended 4 turns earlier and either one of us would have won.

John's force

ringwraith mounted (2M, 10W)
easterling capt.
7 kataphracts
a bunch of infantry

Arwen's
-see army list section

Terrain: I won the terrain battle in that I got 3 huge pieces of woodlands placed in a bermuda triangle dead center. other terrain wasnt important in the fight.

We played clash of piquets and I deployed my archer and arwen contingent first. She gracefully skipped up 3 inches with the battle line and fired away. 0 kills. Next turn, I got caught trying to decide who to shoot, (he had 2 seperate infantry groups coming around the sides of 1 large woods piece). so i split my archer groups and had arwen in the farthest group to the right away from my main army, bad idea.

so by this point, my cav. are all enjoying a cup of tea in the woods closest to me and I say, "hey, didnt I add you guys to the army for a reason? what could that be? oh ya, go flank him through the woods". This was of course 1 turn too late and have of my cavalry got caught in the open.

A side note: the reason why I advanced my cavalry and my whole infantry group towards one section of his lines was due to the strange blue moon that night, maybe also responsible for the monsoon weather we have been having for july. my archers killed 4 guys to his 6 kills. He has more archers than me and my opponents always seem to make EVERYONE of their in the way rolls so he was pot shotting my inept archers.

With 80% of my infantry now caught in a soon-to-be sandwich and only 4 cavalry still mounted, arwen had to run over and use a half hearted nature's wrath to save my outnumbered guys. successful and I was able to kill a bunch. The next turn I lost priority and his wraith was ready to sap will on arwen, so i went with the choice to herioc move and burn my last will point before he could burn it from me. I won the move off and promptly rolled a 3 for my spell. sigh....

To sum up...

-his two groups closed on me in the center making an awfully pointy eared sandwich.
-since playing D4 guys, D6 is so forgiving, after those epic mistakes i had not lost many guys and kept on killing his guys.
-Both of us hit an annoying snag, in that whoever won the fights, no one could wound anything. I would roll 6s and then roll 1s. with my higher fight value and the fact that i was winning 65% of the fights, I could have walked with a major victory 3 turns earlier. and the archery, but i dont want to talk about that... frank and brent's shooting curse seems to still vex me...
BostonNazgul

Postby BrentS » Sat Jul 04, 2009 1:21 pm

Glad to see you got a game in. I've missed being able to play.
BrentS

Postby Smeagol » Sun Jul 05, 2009 2:21 am

Arwen is trumped by wraiths. I personally think wraiths are used too much and to make sure they go out of vogue I plan on abusing them enough that people get tired of seeing them.
Smeagol

Postby BostonNazgul » Sun Jul 05, 2009 12:15 pm

his wraith was negated from deployment and didnt cause any major problems except make me burn my might and will a little early.

but i agree with you, wraiths and so last years' spring fashion, everyone knows that catapults are the new black...
BostonNazgul

Postby Smeagol » Sun Jul 05, 2009 1:06 pm

I have two orc catapults all painted up and all I have to do is trade out crew to make them Black Numenorean Catapults. Gotta love evil. :)

I've got to replace the Mordor Catapult Trolls I carved up though.
Smeagol

Return to Battle Reports (LotR)