Harad Hulk Smash

You just finished the best game of your life and you have to let the world know just how cool it was! Post your report here with all the glorious details.

Harad Hulk Smash

Postby BostonNazgul » Sun Aug 10, 2008 7:08 pm

So today was my first time play testing my 40 mounted harad force. First match-up was against a easterling, orc, troll force and I quickly learned not to let your horse archers to get caught by trolls. it was a to the death game. Ended in a minor loss due to time limit and a point total resolution. this was my first taste of suladan's amazing power, but not the last.

2nd round was against a hero heavy HE force in domination. the heros being elrond, capt. and arwen. I forgot that elrond had nature's wrath and could have easily lost the game due to it if he didnt have the worse luck with his dice rolls and fail to kill more than 2 dismounted warriors. With suladan finally working his way around a clump of trees he proceeded to kill 5 elves in 1 turn of combat thru a heroic fight and turn the tide against the elrond flank.

By this point i had 3 objectives in control and arwens dismounted magic proved ineffective after i retreated away from his initial objective piece. due to our limited amount of store time, we had to play 1.5 hr games and it would have ended in a major victory if that had happened.
BostonNazgul

Postby Gartl » Sun Aug 10, 2008 11:57 pm

Well done!
It is a strange fate that we should suffer so much fear and doubt over so small a thing. - Boromir FOTR
Gartl

Postby The Mouth of Sauron » Mon Aug 11, 2008 12:41 am

Good showing. you have to watch out for Elrond and his daughter when using cavalry, but in reality any force would have to watch out for that combination.
The Mouth of Sauron

Postby BostonNazgul » Mon Aug 11, 2008 11:43 am

i was worried about 1 fate on suladan but he is just untouchable with the right screens. D4 on warriors isnt that big an issue now that i have gotten out of my D6 elf shell.
BostonNazgul

Postby The Mouth of Sauron » Mon Aug 11, 2008 11:51 am

There will be bad games to be sure,but a well played force can take on just about anything. My problems with my Haradrim were mostly patience on my part or rather the lack thereof.
The Mouth of Sauron

Return to Battle Reports (LotR)