Storm the Easterling Camp! Death to the Numenorians!

You just finished the best game of your life and you have to let the world know just how cool it was! Post your report here with all the glorious details.

Postby Drunken Mick » Tue Aug 12, 2008 9:58 am

True but I'd have to take around 20 models from BD and I don't intend to use that many (20 max and my model count would be too low). I could easily buy a box of warg riders and convert them to trackers (yay misc weapons sprue).
Lord of the Drink

Eat that Flatly!
Drunken Mick

Postby BrentS » Tue Aug 12, 2008 9:59 am

Drunken Mick wrote:True but I'd have to take around 20 models from BD and I don't intend to use that many (20 max and my model count would be too low). I could easily buy a box of warg riders and convert them to trackers (yay misc weapons sprue).

I didn't think DM converted anything :)
BrentS

Postby Drunken Mick » Tue Aug 12, 2008 10:07 am

BrentS wrote:
Drunken Mick wrote:True but I'd have to take around 20 models from BD and I don't intend to use that many (20 max and my model count would be too low). I could easily buy a box of warg riders and convert them to trackers (yay misc weapons sprue).

I didn't think DM converted anything :)

In this instance it would be as simple as cutting off the swords / hand weapons and affixing two halves of a bow :P. That much I can manage, I've had to do it to repair models that get broken hehe. They wouldn't be actual tracker models, just warg rider bowmen proxied.
Lord of the Drink

Eat that Flatly!
Drunken Mick

Postby The Mouth of Sauron » Tue Aug 12, 2008 10:38 am

As opposed to the twenty Warg Riders I cut in half and the twenty orc trackers I mutilated in a similar fashion and then frankensteined together. They are a very nice looking crew. I'll have to get them painted up to see how well they'll do.
The Mouth of Sauron

Postby Gartl » Tue Aug 12, 2008 1:27 pm

Ahem, my Easterling army doesn't have any allies.

Weren't you using the MoS recently?

And besides, you only run one army so it is hard to say what you will do when you run anything else :-)
It is a strange fate that we should suffer so much fear and doubt over so small a thing. - Boromir FOTR
Gartl

Postby Gartl » Tue Aug 12, 2008 1:28 pm

And besides, you only run one army so it is hard to say what you will do when you run anything else :-)
It is a strange fate that we should suffer so much fear and doubt over so small a thing. - Boromir FOTR
Gartl

Postby The Mouth of Sauron » Tue Aug 12, 2008 1:53 pm

Gartl wrote:

Gary, don't you mean Castellans (from Dol Guldor)?
The Mouth of Sauron

Postby Gartl » Tue Aug 12, 2008 2:14 pm

I know Steve did use castellans, but didn't like them and gave them up. I thought he used the MoS against you recently.
Gartl

Postby The Mouth of Sauron » Tue Aug 12, 2008 2:49 pm

Gartl wrote:I know Steve did use castellans, but didn't like them and gave them up. I thought he used the MoS against you recently.
I don't remember, but if he did it obviously didn't leave a lasting impression.
The Mouth of Sauron

Postby BaronDeSade » Tue Aug 12, 2008 3:25 pm

I have tried different things with the Easterlings; most of them didn't work out as well as more Easterlings did. Besides, I did like the "pure" look of the army.

BdS
BaronDeSade

Previous

Return to Battle Reports (LotR)