Second Round, Easterlings vs. Watchers

You just finished the best game of your life and you have to let the world know just how cool it was! Post your report here with all the glorious details.

Postby Gartl » Tue Jul 15, 2008 5:07 pm

Well, I have been thinking hard about manuever warfare

Don't hurt yourself ;-)
Gartl

Postby The Mouth of Sauron » Tue Jul 15, 2008 11:32 pm

Not true. I've outmaneuvered him several times. Why do you think his dwarves went to Las Vegas instead of his Gondorians?
The Mouth of Sauron

Postby Gartl » Wed Jul 16, 2008 12:33 am

Not true. I've outmaneuvered him several times. Why do you think his dwarves went to Las Vegas instead of his Gondorians?

I think he was referring to more current history. My WE army has lost one battle since Adepticon. I am going to play some scenarios and then I think I am going to play my Gondorians again for a while. I have a couple new armies I want to try out.
Gartl

Postby The Mouth of Sauron » Wed Jul 16, 2008 8:28 am

You also don't want your local GT opponents from learning all of your dirty tricks. ;)

And how many draws has that force been held to?
The Mouth of Sauron

Postby Gartl » Wed Jul 16, 2008 10:35 am

You also don't want your local GT opponents from learning all of your dirty tricks.

I think you probably know them all by now.

And how many draws has that force been held to?

One. The force is currently 7-1-1.
Gartl

Postby Drunken Mick » Wed Jul 16, 2008 11:08 am

Yike, that's a good ratio. Not sure what my various dwarven forces sit at but I'm going to say they are in a similar state. I just keep dorking with the configuration of them.
Lord of the Drink

Eat that Flatly!
Drunken Mick

Postby Gartl » Thu Jul 17, 2008 1:18 am

It's not quite as impressive as it sounds. One game against Tim came down to a single die roll. He fails to roll and 8 or more and we have a draw, otherwise he gets a major victory. The roll went my way.

Against Steve's Easterlings it came down to a heroic move roll-off. If it goes Steve's way he has a major victory. The roll went my way again.

I have had three victories that were very one sided and my lose was a blowout. So the force is strong, but I have also been lucky (as Steve loves to attribute all my victories to).

I haven't faced Tim's Dwarf Rangers which will be a very tough fight and I am still afraid to face his Black Numenorean army again. Hopefully he will stick with his Harad or spider army :-)
Gartl

Postby Drunken Mick » Thu Jul 17, 2008 9:23 am

I'll make a note to all the people who will immediately think elves won't have a problem with BN's. They would be wrong. Of course I'm using a wraith (it aided in 2-3 failed / otherwise successful - courage checks) which helped but the more times you've got to roll that courage you will get some failures and almost all of them hurt you.
Lord of the Drink

Eat that Flatly!
Drunken Mick

Postby Gartl » Sat Jul 19, 2008 2:30 am

Wood Elf army moves to 8-1-1. I played a meeting engagement against Steve's Easterlings led by Khamul with a variant WE list. I played this list by accident as I wasn't expecting to play a battle and just happened to have one of my original WE lists in my box. I played half the game thinking I had throwing daggers on my spearmen and spears on my archers. Duh.

I had Legolas, a captain (no daggers), 13 archers (no Spears) a banner bearer and lots of spearmen (no daggers) and a sentenal.

I outmanuvered Steve with the help of the woods and took advantage of his splitting his force. In the end the Wood Elves got a major victory.
Gartl

Previous

Return to Battle Reports (LotR)