1500 team tounament in Shorewood

You just finished the best game of your life and you have to let the world know just how cool it was! Post your report here with all the glorious details.

1500 team tounament in Shorewood

Postby mystic marauder » Sun Jun 29, 2008 9:43 am

The Shorewood store had a 1500 point team tournament yesterday. There were six teams. The winners, Tim and Kyle(?), used Minis Tirith and Elves. They had quite a few models. My son and I didn't get to play them so I'm not sure how they won. Each round was two and a half hours. We were there over nine hours.

The most intimidating force was played by Bryan and Joey. Their Barad Dur/Minas Morgal Force included Sauron with The One Ring, Shadow Lord, Drummer Troll, Witchking with Horse, Crown of Morgal and Morgal Blade, Khamul the Easterling on armored Fell Beast, Grishnakh with Sheild, 49 orcs and 3 spectres.

My son and I played an Umbar/Barad Dur with the Shadow Lord and a Dragon with fly and tough hide. My son Quinn spent the week painting his box of Corsairs, Corsair Captain, Bosun and Hasharin. It is his first fully painted and based army (tournament requirement). I bought two boxes of Harad warriors last Sunday and was able to get the 40 warriors we needed fully painted and based. (Thank you Delvan Mud). Our list included a Corsair Captain with cross bow, Bosun with spear, Hasharin, the Shadow Lord, 40 Harad warriors (27 spear and 13 bows), 24 corsairs (8,8,8), Dragon, Orc Shaman, Orc banner and 40 morannon orcs (34 sheild and 6 spears).

The scenarios were from AdeptiCon 2007. There was one lava table that everyone got to play on. The first scenario was It is Precious to Me. We had to protect our objective and try to capture theirs. We went against an Isengard/Mordor team on the lava table. It was good match. It ended in draw. I flew the Dragon behind his flanks and whittled away at his orcs. The Dragon was able to kill one of his Isengard Trolls. They totally dominated their objective and we held ours very well. We each broke on the last turn and the game ended in a draw. The lava table was fun to play on.

Round two was against Sauron's horde. The scenario was Battle at the Border. We had to defend our corner and try to capture theirs. I thought we had a chance at this one because we had numbers. Sauron was the only model to get close to our corner and he got about halfway point on the board. We just fed the beast one model at a time. Between the three wraiths, troll drummer and Sauron my Dragon's courage quickly fell to 1. After a couple of chill souls my beast was runner on fumes. I was able to pass a courage test a get in on Khamul and kill him on one turn. After that the spectres kept my dragon at bay. The highlight of the battle, for us, was killing the Shadowlord with a Harad volly fire. After two and hours we ended in draw.

Round three was against the Dwarf/Rohan/Gandalf contingent. The scenario was Leave none alive. We had to kill all of there models for any kind of victory. All three games ended in a draw. There was simply not enough time. Sauron's group had about ten models left to kill when it finally ended at nine o'clock.

We had a great time. I think that a 1500 pt. tournament sounds fun, and it was, but there was just not enough time to get a victory if you were playing someone with experience. I think if we had another hour on the last game we could have won but that would have been three and half hours. I've played many games that long when it was the only game I played that day.

I had a great time with my son. We really had fun with all the teams we played. Quinn and I won the best sportsmanship award which was nice. I will try to post some pictures on my next post.
mystic marauder

Postby BrentS » Sun Jun 29, 2008 9:53 am

1500 Points!!!! Wowser!! That's a huge tournament. Sounds like you have a ton of high powered models out there on the table. Those scenarios from last year's Adepticon were fun. However, I agree, 2.5 hours probably isn't enough time to resolve them with 1500pts aside.

Congrats on the best sportsman.

We've got to find a way to these tournaments advertised ahead of time. I don't think I would have been able to go, but it sure would have been fun to see the games in action!!
BrentS

photos of 1500 point tournament

Postby mystic marauder » Sun Jun 29, 2008 9:59 am

I need help on posting photos.

[/img][/url]
mystic marauder

Postby prion2001 » Sun Jun 29, 2008 10:37 am

That is very cool. Yeah, we need a way to get these events posted so we can support the other GW stores.

To post pictures you need to host them somewhere. I use Photobucket but I know there are others. Once you load them to photobucket you simply cut and paste the URL into the message here and use the Img tag button above ([img]YOUR%20PICTURE%20URL[/img])

Jamie
"It is a strange fate that we should suffer so much fear and doubt over so small a thing." Boromir
Check out my painting blog at http://www.fivearmies.blogspot.com
Shop Gorgon Studios. http://www.gorgon-studios.com
prion2001

Re: photos of 1500 point tournament

Postby BrentS » Sun Jun 29, 2008 10:40 am

mystic marauder wrote:I need help on posting photos.

[/img][/url]

What you need to do is get your photos on an online source for media sharing/hosting. I use photobucket.com. Its free and relatively easy to use.

Once you have the image uploaded to photobucket, then you can use the img tag to try and post the image. There are four lines of code under each image. Just click on the one called "IMG Code" (it should be automatically copied to your clipboard) and then paste it into your forum post.

I hope that helps.
BrentS

photos

Postby mystic marauder » Sun Jun 29, 2008 1:45 pm

Here are some photos from the tournament. Thanks for your help Jamie and Brent.

mystic marauder

Return to Battle Reports (LotR)