Mumakil of Far Harad vs Rangers of Ithilien

You just finished the best game of your life and you have to let the world know just how cool it was! Post your report here with all the glorious details.

Mumakil of Far Harad vs Rangers of Ithilien

Postby BrentS » Fri Jun 06, 2008 10:23 am

I updated my Blog with a battle report from my second game at the Bunker on Tuesday. This was my battle with Knitemare's Rangers of Ithilien.

We rolled for High Ground and KM managed a Major victory giving the forces of good a clean sweep on the evening. It was a fun game that featured lots of throwing rocks, wounds on the Howdah, and Mahûd warriors showing their (lack of) courage.

You can read the full account on my Blog along with some pretty pictures.

http://thereandblogagain.wordpress.com/
BrentS

Postby The Mouth of Sauron » Fri Jun 06, 2008 10:35 am

Great reports.

Just some notes about Mumaks:
Stay away from bowfire. Mumak + arrows = bad things happening to you.

You can use Might and Will to pass those Courage tests to avoid stampeding.

Put disposable models between you and the enemy's bowfire when you can. Obviously your force doesn't have this benefit.

Stay away from Dain unless you can roll really, really well and squish him fast.

Did you remember that your Mahud treat the Mumak as a banner when they are within 3" of the thing?
The Mouth of Sauron

Postby knitemare » Fri Jun 06, 2008 10:42 am

Nicely written. I commented on it. I may have to start a battle report blog like that just for kicks :)
It's only about painting now.
knitemare

Postby BrentS » Fri Jun 06, 2008 10:54 am

The Mouth of Sauron wrote:
Just some notes about Mumaks:
Stay away from bowfire. Mumak + arrows = bad things happening to you.

Yep, figured that out.... the hard way.

You can use Might and Will to pass those Courage tests to avoid stampeding.

The will wouldn't help but the might would have. I need 2 more on the die and I should have used Might and the Will. Damn. Live and learn, not sure I why I didn't use the Might.

Put disposable models between you and the enemy's bowfire when you can. Obviously your force doesn't have this benefit.

YEP!

Stay away from Dain unless you can roll really, really well and squish him fast.

I was lulled into remembering you say that the only way you beat him was by squishing him with the Mumak :wink:

Did you remember that your Mahud treat the Mumak as a banner when they are within 3" of the thing?

Sometimes.... I totally forgot about it in the first game (against Mike V). In the second game, there was never an opportunity for me to use it (I either won the fight or Dain rolled a 6). In the third game, I never needed to use it. I do need to make sure and not forget though.

Anyway, thanks guys for taking the time to read through them!
BrentS

Return to Battle Reports (LotR)