Updated Eastern Kingdom's List

Post and review Lord of the Rings army lists.

Re: Updated Eastern Kingdom's List

Postby BaronDeSade » Tue Feb 07, 2012 9:15 pm

Actually, I think the word is "crappy," but anyhow, the archers on the great beast can move 8" and fire, giving them a range about as good as troops with normal bows that can move 3" and fire 24". Orc archers are weakly armored, but the Beast protects them like cover. They suck in HtH, but the Beast fights for them. Plus, he only counts as 1 model for archer count. If one was to take Orc archers at all, they would be better on the Beast than anywhere else on the field.

Who cares about the Beast's WS, since it automatically inflicts a S6 hit when it charges into combat, on everything it touches? To me, that's like winning a fight before the fight even starts and then taking an S6 hit. As you well know, one of the tactics for dealing with trolls is to "feed the troll" a weak model, and that will work if the Beast doesn't have priority, but if it does get priority, then it can toss weaker models out of the way as it charges.

I don't know...it seems to me that the Beast kicks butt. I'll be getting one, once I finish the upgrades to my Easterling troops.

BdS
BaronDeSade

Postby Smeagol » Tue Feb 07, 2012 10:31 pm

I can get eleven mounted orcs trackers for the price of the great beast. They can move and shoot 5" and hit better than the orcs on the great beast. The great beast can bowl over models they touch, but it can only be in one place at a time. We'll see how well it works on the table once one of us gets one.
Smeagol

Postby knight of Gondor » Wed Feb 08, 2012 1:53 am

does the beast's rule of inflicting the Str 6 hit on models it charges work like throwing weapons in that it could charge again or like the impaler rule?
From the darkness a fire shall be woken
A light from the shadow shall spring
Renewed shall blade that was broken
The crownless again shall be king
knight of Gondor

Postby BaronDeSade » Wed Feb 08, 2012 9:54 am

As long as it kills the model it hits, it can continue to move and hit another model.
BaronDeSade

Postby Smeagol » Wed Feb 08, 2012 11:11 am

It works like the mumakil trample rule does.
Smeagol

Previous

Return to Army Lists (LotR)