Points Match!

Post and review Lord of the Rings army lists.

What Points Bracket are you playing?

No votes
86%
14%
No votes

Total votes : 14

Re: Points Match!

Postby BrentS » Tue Feb 07, 2012 1:30 pm

Smeagol wrote:
Really people stop with the wild conspiracy theories and play some games. Hell I'm thinking of using a four model warband/force just to see if I can win games with them.

I wrote a 6 model force that I'd love to try.
BrentS

Postby prion2001 » Wed Feb 08, 2012 12:02 am

I wonder if, for the time being, we stick the Legions limit of 75? I agree that it will be interesting to see what sort of hordes people take. I for one, still want to do a Battle of Bywater force which would be all hobbits. Not competitive (ie. no Gandalf) but certainly takes more than 60 models. It was doable under Legions but now uses less models due to the new upgrades hobbits have.

Jamie
"It is a strange fate that we should suffer so much fear and doubt over so small a thing." Boromir
Check out my painting blog at http://www.fivearmies.blogspot.com
Shop Gorgon Studios. http://www.gorgon-studios.com
prion2001

Postby BrentS » Wed Feb 08, 2012 7:49 am

prion2001 wrote:I wonder if, for the time being, we stick the Legions limit of 75? I agree that it will be interesting to see what sort of hordes people take. I for one, still want to do a Battle of Bywater force which would be all hobbits. Not competitive (ie. no Gandalf) but certainly takes more than 60 models. It was doable under Legions but now uses less models due to the new upgrades hobbits have.

I personally don't think a model cap is needed. At 600 points, I don't think I've seen an army bigger than 71 models. If I recall correctly, the Hobbits army you mentioned capped out at 71 after taking every hobbit leader available.
BrentS

Postby Smeagol » Wed Feb 08, 2012 11:09 am

Goblins can beat that number, but the scenarios are not the same as LOME and while BostonNazgul may have some issues with the VP system. It seems to work surprisingly well. So far anyway. Steve and I have only played two games with the new rules.
Smeagol

Previous

Return to Army Lists (LotR)