Black Guard

Post and review Lord of the Rings army lists.

Black Guard

Postby Sithious » Thu Dec 15, 2011 12:21 pm

Hey, my first post!! I am an old hat at this though...TLA.

So I have a pretty impressive Mordor army..you can either trust me or check my site sometime...just google sithious I think that will find it or E-mail me (if you need conversion or painting advice I have done extensive amounts with Mordor and others).
My question is, in WOTR do you think 3 companies of black shields with full command for the Formation is enough? I can go 4 but would need to purchase another 3 blisters (which is not a problem).

I know some people feel they over power Mordor, which I could agree with, but I have been playing Mordor for years and so I think Mordor has alot of power anyway to choose from.
Sithious

Postby BrentS » Sat Dec 17, 2011 1:15 pm

Hi Sithious,
Thanks for coming over to AWC.

I'd love to offer an opinion but I suspect you will find that most of the players that come through our forums don't care for WoTR and don't play.
BrentS

Postby Sithious » Sun Dec 18, 2011 12:32 pm

Well I play SBG, BC's and WOTR. So when I get expnsions for an army I think of all three systems to work with. So today I am using black guard in a SBG 500 points match.
9 BG
1 BG capt.
Shagrat, Warleader
10 Mordor Uruk-hai shield
Morannon capt.
10 Morannon orcs spear/shield

and my Mordor BC will be among the group...(we mix BC's and SBG points matches all the time).

it is not altogether LOME justified, but it is to test the use of the BG. But I will get enough to play 3 companies of BG in WOTR so they are an option for me...and that is what really matters, having the option of taking them as opposed to not being able to take something on the list cause you don't have the models.
Sithious

Return to Army Lists (LotR)