More Isengard Musings

Post and review Lord of the Rings army lists.

More Isengard Musings

Postby BaronDeSade » Thu Nov 24, 2011 6:32 pm

After reading some tips on how to use Crossbows on this site, I decided to try and rehabilitate the poor things.

Legions of the White Hand: 600 points
Allied with Isengard Raiders

Left flank:

8 Uruk-Hai Warriors with Shields
7 Uruk-hai Warriors with Pikes
Uruk-Hai Captain in heavy armor with shield

Punchy, fighty, expensive.

Center:

8 Orcs with Shields
7 Orcs with Orc bows
8 Uruk-Hai Warriors with Crossbows

Kind of slow, which is why it is in the center. Orcs with shields act as ablative armor for this group.

Right Flank:

8 Feral Uruk-Hai
8 Orcs with Spears and Shields
Captain Lurtz

Very fighty, kind of expensive, but well themed, I think.

Total points: 600
Total Models: 56

Might be fun to use against Tim's fat eunechs and bandits with poisoned arrows...

Cheers,

Bds
BaronDeSade

Postby Smeagol » Fri Nov 25, 2011 12:46 pm

I don't think those crossbows make a lick of difference against my Haradrim. The archery duel is likely to go to the Haradrim and once in close combat the throwing weapons and merchant guard are more than match for Isengard thuggery. Still you could prove me wrong.

I've done some reworking of my dwarven rangers and my Dwellers force. The rangers are pretty tough as a force, though it is still lead by Baen ad therefore only has one generic hero.
Smeagol

Postby BaronDeSade » Fri Nov 25, 2011 12:51 pm

Yeah, well I wouldn't try and duel your army with missile weapons. I went through the scenarios and looked at where they would be useful for security, etc. Yes, your eunechs are good in close combat, but each of my flanks has a potential 3A for the frontline models. I don't have any throwing weapons, but my armor is a lot better than yours. Who knows, the game might come down to something crazy like...skill :P .

Come at me, bro, if you dare :wink:

BdS
BaronDeSade

Return to Army Lists (LotR)