an Evil idea...

Post and review Lord of the Rings army lists.

an Evil idea...

Postby LongFang » Tue Jul 05, 2011 3:24 pm

So in trying to decide what army to bring to B3, I'm considering all options now. I'd really like to bring a good army for a change, but I'm afraid Sauron's infulence may be too great...therefore:

Shagrat, Warleader
Gorbag w/shield
Orc Captain, shield, warg

8 mordor Uruk-hai w/shield
4 mordor uruk-hai w/2 handed weapon

16 orc w/shield
8 orcs w/spear
1 orc banner
5 Orc trackers

6 warg riders w/shield

51 models, 600 points

The idea is to have Gorbag and the orcs as more of a screen and fodder, with something to bolster the line, with Shagrat and the uruks following them up. The orc captain and warg contingent...well, to get off thsoe charges if needed, and some speed when called for.

anyway, just one idea I'm tossing around.
LongFang

Postby Smeagol » Tue Jul 05, 2011 3:29 pm

My gut says it's going to get chewed up, but I can also see some potential in that force. A drummer would make a difference in that force I think. Increase the speed of the infantry to reduce your missile fire liability and to make defending against it that much more difficult during the approach phase of the game. Only five archers make archery little more than a pop gun in a gunfight.
Smeagol

Postby BrentS » Tue Jul 05, 2011 3:39 pm

Seems to be of a similar vein to Kyle's Mordor army of last year (and this years ToS). I think the big difference is the drummer which makes the army so much more mobile.
BrentS

Postby LongFang » Tue Jul 05, 2011 3:48 pm

Thanks for the feedback guys. This is my first real tournament where I am not a spectator or a ringer, so I want to be competetive, while not over the top or gimmick-y. By that, I want the army to be fun to play against, and I don't necessarily have to eliminate every weakness.

again, thanks!
LongFang

Return to Army Lists (LotR)