So...

Debate all the finer points of our fine hobby under the gaze of the Lidless Eye...

So...

Postby GRswanknight » Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:29 pm

its been awhile since I've played (2011) and was curious as to what new rules for making army lists there are. I noticed ppl referring to warbands and this just draws a blank on my face. normally I would buy the books but since money is tight I just thought I would ask.
"...about the Gate resistance still was stout, and there the knights of Dol Amroth and the hardiest of the garrison stood at bay." -The Return of the King
GRswanknight

Re: So...

Postby Lordgoober » Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:26 pm

the general gist is that it's back to Good can ally with good and evil can ally with evil.

In each of the books there are x amount of army lists. Each has heroes and warriors. Heroes (unless independent heroes) lead warbands that are the hero + 0-12 warriors from their army list (IE a Hobbit hero can't lead a warband of Dwarves for example). Bow limit is still 1/3 though there are some exceptions based on specific armies. Bow limit is specific to a army contingent. IE if you have an army with both Elven and Dwarven warbands, the Elven warbands can have a max of 1/3 bows and the Dwarven warbands can have 1/3 bows but you can't have 1/2 elves with bows and the dwarves balance out with less bows to get to 1/3 bows.

In addition to this warband change, there is also the new edition of the game in the form of The Hobbit SBG. Not a lot of major changes but a ton of little ones that change the game a lot.
Lordgoober

Re: So...

Postby Smeagol » Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:37 pm

There is an excel spreadsheet that you can find on TLA that provides most of the force building rules and points costs. It's great for bashing warband lists together pretty quickly.
Smeagol

Return to Rules Discussions (LotR)