HURL Brutal Power Attack

Debate all the finer points of our fine hobby under the gaze of the Lidless Eye...

HURL Brutal Power Attack

Postby Siegrend » Thu Feb 07, 2013 5:40 pm

Could I get some clarification from the tournament group on how the Hurl brutal power attack is being handled? Is the line drawn away from the monster assumed to be the width of the model being thrown or is it a pencil line? How do you handle combats that haven't happened yet that a thrown model goes through...meaning are all models involved in the combat knocked down, friend or foe?

In general, how are you determining who gets knocked down? My group can't seem to agree on how this is supposed to be played, the rulebook isn't necessarily clear.
Even the very wise cannot see all ends...
Siegrend

Re: HURL Brutal Power Attack

Postby Smeagol » Thu Feb 07, 2013 6:46 pm

Use the base size. Only models that are touched are knocked down.
Back the model out of combat 1" (per rules for lost combat) and then draw a line from that model and use the width of the base as the device which determines models hit along the path.

Anything else is either reading more into the rules or power gaming.

An official FAQ or Errata will be needed to handle this in an official manner, but my recommendation keeps the game simple and reduces arguments. At least in my games it has.
Last edited by Smeagol on Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Smeagol

Postby BrentS » Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:56 pm

I did it just like Smeagol said.
BrentS

Postby Siegrend » Fri Feb 08, 2013 7:25 am

Thanks guys. That's pretty close to my line of thinking as well. I wasn't backing away 1" before drawing the line, but the rest is how I pictured it. Thanks again, I'll see if I can get the group to adopt this ruling until we get an FAQ from GW. By the way, will this be the official ruling for LoTR at Adepticon? If so, that will help me get this established with my group.
Even the very wise cannot see all ends...
Siegrend

Return to Rules Discussions (LotR)