Calcuating Easterling Warrior Bow Limits

Debate all the finer points of our fine hobby under the gaze of the Lidless Eye...

Calcuating Easterling Warrior Bow Limits

Postby BaronDeSade » Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:10 pm

Hello All,

The wording in the Fallen Realms FAQ confuses me and I wished to know if I was interpreting it correctly.

"Easterling Warriors in warbands chosen from the Eastern Kingdoms army list have a bow limit of 1/2 (rounding up) instead of the usual 1/3.)"

First of all, I am going to drop the redundancy, because as far as I know, Easterling Warriors can ONLY be taken in Eastern Kingdoms warbands, so, "in warbands chosen from the Eastern Kingdoms army list" seems to have no meaning. Correct?

Second, shall I interpret this rule to mean that warbands which contain Easterling Warriors are calculated as a separate "army" and that "army" has a bow limit of 1/2 (of Easterling Warriors?) Then, the rest of my Eastern Kingdoms army, which has Khandish Axemen and such, confirms to the 1/3 bow limit?

Third, does this special rule apply only within warbands, or can I have one warband of 12 Easterling Warriors with shields and one of 12 Easterling Warriors with bows and be within the rules?

Fourth, does this special rule become invalid if I add other models with bows to the warband, such as Khandish Warriors with bows or Khadish Horsemen? For example, is a warband with four Easterling Warriors with Shields, four Easterling Warriors with Bows, and Four Khandish Warriors with Bows legal, as long as I have eight other non-bow armed models in my force to compensate for the four Khandish Bowmen?

Those are all of the permutations I can think of. Some clarification with rules support would be appreciated.

Gramercy,

BdS
BaronDeSade

Re: Calcuating Easterling Warrior Bow Limits

Postby Lordgoober » Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:21 pm

sadly it's not clear like the rule in the Harad section where you could only have specific models to have this take effect.
Lordgoober

Return to Rules Discussions (LotR)