Mimicry and Transfixed

Debate all the finer points of our fine hobby under the gaze of the Lidless Eye...

Mimicry and Transfixed

Postby thorhak » Sat Jun 25, 2011 4:26 pm

Had a Tourney scheduled for today but w/ poor turn-out we agreed to re-schedule. The dudes that did show got some "friendly" games in and a rules question came up.

The Knight of Umbar has Mimicry as a Special Rule. If he's in a fight with a model that has been transfixed, and chooses to apply the "Mimicry" Rule - would he get that model's natural profile, or the one reflecting his transfixed status.

It turns out that the Undying failed to get transfixed cast despite using 2 D6. But the question did come up. I would have ruled that the Knight of Umbar would get the Troll Cheiftain's "transfixed" stats if he had chosed to use Mimicry and the Troll was in fact transfixed.

Any thoughts???
Mayhem in the Mountains 2014?!?!?!?! Stay tuned! Adeptus Mile High
thorhak

Re: Mimicry and Transfixed

Postby BrentS » Sat Jun 25, 2011 4:27 pm

thorhak wrote:I would have ruled that the Knight of Umbar would get the Troll Cheiftain's "transfixed" stats if he had chosed to use Mimicry and the Troll was in fact transfixed.

Any thoughts???

That's how I'd likely rule it too.
BrentS

Postby thorhak » Sat Jun 25, 2011 6:12 pm

Thanks, Brent! :wink:
Mayhem in the Mountains 2014?!?!?!?! Stay tuned! Adeptus Mile High
thorhak

Postby Gartl » Sun Jun 26, 2011 1:40 am

I believe that you would use the transfixed stats as that is they are when the Nazgul uses his ability.
It is a strange fate that we should suffer so much fear and doubt over so small a thing. - Boromir FOTR
Gartl

Return to Rules Discussions (LotR)