The problem with drums and syntax

Debate all the finer points of our fine hobby under the gaze of the Lidless Eye...

The problem with drums and syntax

Postby Slave_To_Ungoliant » Tue May 17, 2011 11:26 am

Soooo, the various drums are confusing. What with Modor Uruk-hai vs Uruk-hai and what have ye. I'm sure this all stems from a crossed wire on seemingly harmless syntax that never got fixed. (you should have seen the Harad book before it went live)

This would be in regards to the ToS.

Q: Does the Orc Drummer affect the Black Guard? Or do those dudes only march to the beat of their special Black Guard Drummer?

They're listed as Uruk-hai, but not Mordor Uruk-hai. So RAW probably not - despite the fact that they come from, train, reside, take orders from, and guard...ummm...Mordor.
Slave_To_Ungoliant

Postby JLeong » Tue May 17, 2011 1:37 pm

Follow-up question:

Do white hand Uruk-hai (I'm thinking specifically scouts) benefit from the black guard drummer? his profile allows uruk-hai to move an extra 3," and Uruk scouts from isengard are in fact uruk-hai
JLeong

Postby Smeagol » Tue May 17, 2011 2:21 pm

Black Guard should be Mordor Uruk-Hai since they work for Mordor and not Isengard. But you are correct about the RAW issue.

Black Guard Drummers affect all Uruk-hai even the Isengard employee types. Again it's a RAW issue.

I believe there were UKGT house rulings on both of these questions. While not official FAQs, they do at least have access to the LOTR games design team.
Smeagol

Postby Slave_To_Ungoliant » Tue May 17, 2011 3:59 pm

Agh, this is such an obvious oversight.

Much like this oversight found in the legal bits towards the end of the ToS rules packet:

"These terms and conditions will be governed by the laws of England and Wales and subject to the exclusive jurisdiction for the English courts."

England's reach is vast!
Slave_To_Ungoliant

Postby BostonNazgul » Tue May 17, 2011 5:08 pm

no taxation without representation, go through their paint pots in boston harbor!
BostonNazgul

Postby Guardian of Ecthelion » Tue May 17, 2011 5:10 pm

BostonNazgul wrote:no taxation without representation, go through their paint pots in boston harbor!

Is "through" italian for "throw"?
Guardian of Ecthelion

Postby BostonNazgul » Tue May 17, 2011 5:11 pm

syntax, i was relating it to the initial question haha
BostonNazgul

Postby Smeagol » Tue May 17, 2011 5:34 pm

And here I thought I had misread my history books. :P
Smeagol

Return to Rules Discussions (LotR)