The Date for Helm's Deep

All the latest and greatest info concerning the constant struggle and strife across Middle-earth!

When should we have the Helm's Deep Game?

Poll ended at Sun Nov 04, 2007 9:18 pm

December 1st
50%
December 8th
50%

Total votes : 8

The Date for Helm's Deep

Postby JLeong » Sun Oct 28, 2007 9:18 pm

Ok, I'll set the poll in this thread. For some of us, I know that we need to find out which date specifically the game is on in order to determine attendance. Both dates are Saturdays. The 1st is (obviously) the first weekend in December, and the 8th is the second weekend. Please pick whichever option seems best for you!

Jason, if you could either PM me or post here if there are any conflicting bunker events, I'd appreciate it!
JLeong

Postby knitemare » Sun Oct 28, 2007 10:15 pm

Also, Jason, if you happen to see Chad before I do please ask him if he would be willing to allow the use of his Helms Deep terrain on either of these dates. I've been meaning to talk to him but I haven't seen him since Tuesday.
knitemare

Postby prion2001 » Mon Oct 29, 2007 1:28 pm

I can only do December 8th as my wife's birthday is the weekend of the 1st.

I have some Uruk-hai to use, some ladders and some Elves and Characters (Aragorn, Gimli, Legolas, Haldir, Gamling (on foot), Eomer (on foot).

Later,

Jamie
"It is a strange fate that we should suffer so much fear and doubt over so small a thing." Boromir
Check out my painting blog at http://www.fivearmies.blogspot.com
Shop Gorgon Studios. http://www.gorgon-studios.com
prion2001

Postby BrentS » Mon Oct 29, 2007 2:21 pm

December 1st is probably the only date that I'd be available and that is no guarantee

I hate to put this off, but I wonder if we are being too aggressive.
BrentS

Postby Angelos » Mon Oct 29, 2007 3:13 pm

Im no good on both of these days. Lacrosse games on both. :(
Angelos

Postby LongFang » Mon Oct 29, 2007 3:14 pm

Josh, PM sent.

Jay, if I see him, I will talk to him.
LongFang

Postby knitemare » Mon Oct 29, 2007 3:34 pm

BrentS wrote:December 1st is probably the only date that I'd be available and that is no guarantee

It's entirely possible. Maybe we should do a long range plan. Since Josh can't make it Jan-Feb, do it in March and then everyone has the ability to put it on their calendar and not make any other plans. Of course, one of my daughters has a birthday in march, but I could probably push for a Sunday party :)

This way we can go totally over the top, have every model necessary plus 10000 ocs/Uruks!
knitemare

Postby JLeong » Mon Oct 29, 2007 3:58 pm

Hmm... If we want to hold the game off until March, I have no problem with that. I chose December, b/c Jan and Feb are nightmarish, and I wasn't sure if we wanted to wait that long. For me (as well as Drew) March is just fine. Jay brings up a great point. March would allow us all to plan a long time in advance. December is trying to work the game around our schedules; this may help to alleviate that problem. March is also close to Adepticon, and I didn't want to force people to choose between painting Adepticon forces and Helm's Deep models. For the December game, Drew and I will have just under 200 Uruk-hai painted and ready to go. With march, we would have the opportunity to have more- about 300 total. I would paint up more orcs as well, if needed, I could muster about 200 orcs as well (by March).

What do you guys think?
JLeong

Postby knitemare » Mon Oct 29, 2007 4:01 pm

I'm the Jay he is referring to, if others don't know.

I'll be picking up the Muster of Rohan box this week. Once that is done I'll probably being picking up Orcs or Uruks myself to add to my evil army. If this happened in March I would be able to contribute a lot to the playing field.
knitemare

Postby JLeong » Mon Oct 29, 2007 4:48 pm

I reviewed my calendar, and January 5th is the only day in all of Jan or Feb. that I'd be able to attend. How does that sound to you guys? Is it too close to the new year holiday? What do you think?
JLeong

Postby knitemare » Mon Oct 29, 2007 4:51 pm

JLeong wrote:I reviewed my calendar, and January 5th is the only day in all of Jan or Feb. that I'd be able to attend. How does that sound to you guys? Is it too close to the new year holiday? What do you think?

It's far enough out that I could make it I'm sure.
knitemare

Postby EYESEEYOU » Mon Oct 29, 2007 5:15 pm

January 5th sounds fine to me, i cant wait
Behind every damsel is a fire breathing dragon
"Tradgedy is when i cut my finger, Comedy is when you fall into an open sewer and die"- Mel Brooks
EYESEEYOU

Postby Angelos » Mon Oct 29, 2007 6:34 pm

Ill have to look to see what I got, my schedule doesnt extend that far, so hopefully nothing pops up.
Angelos

Postby JLeong » Mon Oct 29, 2007 7:16 pm

So far so good (knock on wood) Let's hope Jamie, Brent, Chicagoswanknights, and the rest of the gang can make it!
JLeong

Postby chicagoSWANknights » Mon Oct 29, 2007 8:56 pm

i'll be there.
chicagoSWANknights

Next

Return to Lord of the Rings News