Helm's Deep....................?

All the latest and greatest info concerning the constant struggle and strife across Middle-earth!

Should we include Elves at Helm's Deep?

Yes
75%
No
25%

Total votes : 12

Postby knitemare » Tue Oct 30, 2007 3:23 pm

I kind of like the idea of more varied forces, but with some kind of limit. Maybe impose a limit of 10-1 for the elves, such as 10 rohan warriors to 1 elf and work out the total number of models that way.

Then you have a representation that is plausable.
It's only about painting now.
knitemare

Postby JLeong » Tue Oct 30, 2007 4:18 pm

Good point. I agree that we ought to impose limits on the elves if we are to include them! No 5 elves for every 2 Rohirrim :twisted:
JLeong

Postby BrentS » Tue Oct 30, 2007 6:19 pm

thorhak wrote:Yeah. Someone else's stomach churns at the thought of Elves at Helm's Deep! :twisted:

I'm all for the books but I still get goosebumps when I hear Aragorn say

"You are most welcome!"
BrentS

Postby JLeong » Tue Oct 30, 2007 6:20 pm

haha. Anything with a higher fight value than a captain if men is pretty terrifying!
JLeong

Postby Angelos » Tue Oct 30, 2007 6:39 pm

JLeong wrote:haha. Anything with a higher fight value than a captain if men is pretty terrifying!

But do consider the fact that even though that captain of men has been practicing martial skills for 20-30 years, the elf has been practicing blade-work even before the captain was born! :wink:

Hence the higher point cost. And relative restrictions on elven lists, barring calvary which will change once TLA comes out.
Angelos

Postby knitemare » Tue Oct 30, 2007 7:33 pm

So what is the decision? Obviously, the majority want elves to be included. Are they going to be restricted?
knitemare

Postby chicagoSWANknights » Tue Oct 30, 2007 8:16 pm

i think we should first find out when and who will be there before we get the lists started and put restrictions on forces.
chicagoSWANknights

Postby knitemare » Wed Oct 31, 2007 1:54 pm

OK, talked to the terrain owner and he said that he was fine with letting us use the Helms Deep terrain. I told him the tentative date was going to be January 6th.

He is going to bring the terrain to the bunker on Saturday and I'm going to get pictures of it and take some measurements so we have a really good idea of what we are working with.
knitemare

Postby knitemare » Thu Nov 08, 2007 5:03 pm

OK, we have the date as JANUARY 5TH.

We have two army lists going in the other part of the forums.

Has anyone made a decision about the Elves and what the restrictions, if any, will be?

Also, does everyone know whether or not they are going to be there? Once again, as with Osgiliath, I would like to get an accurate account of who will be showing up. That will allow us to take the next step, which is figuring out who will be playing what.
knitemare

Postby JLeong » Thu Nov 08, 2007 5:55 pm

Elves will make am appearance at Helm's Deep. Scenarios will be posted soon for the game. To the defenders: please take a reasonable amount of elves. I don't think that this will be an issue, though. Sorry about the silence, I think we've all been pretty busy!
JLeong

Postby knitemare » Thu Nov 08, 2007 6:03 pm

JLeong wrote:Elves will make am appearance at Helm's Deep. Scenarios will be posted soon for the game. To the defenders: please take a reasonable amount of elves. I don't think that this will be an issue, though. Sorry about the silence, I think we've all been pretty busy!

Cool, I saw Alex painting up Elves today. Yay Elves!
knitemare

Postby JLeong » Thu Nov 08, 2007 6:04 pm

Alex- was he the Dol Amroth player from the Pellennor game? or am I thinking of a different Alex?
JLeong

Postby BrentS » Thu Nov 08, 2007 8:55 pm

Josh, Jamie and I have been working behind the scenes on army composition lists. Suffice it to say, there will be lots and lots of Rohan and even more and more Uruks. We'll have a contigency of Elves as well.
BrentS

Postby knitemare » Thu Nov 08, 2007 9:14 pm

JLeong wrote:Alex- was he the Dol Amroth player from the Pellennor game? or am I thinking of a different Alex?

He was in the corner with the white fortress wall when I left.
knitemare

Postby BrentS » Thu Nov 08, 2007 10:33 pm

knitemare wrote:
JLeong wrote:Alex- was he the Dol Amroth player from the Pellennor game? or am I thinking of a different Alex?

He was in the corner with the white fortress wall when I left.

That's him - Alex "ChicagoSWANKnights"
BrentS

PreviousNext

Return to Lord of the Rings News