How strict is this tournament?

All the latest and greatest info concerning the constant struggle and strife across Middle-earth!

How strict is this tournament?

Postby Bolg_Was_Epic » Fri Mar 07, 2014 7:51 pm

For example I have only the model of the Witch King with his sweet helmet on.

But I may bring him without the upgrade. As long as I clear that with my opponents is that allowed?
ADEPTICON Hobbit players. I'd love your support. I with others are working on a Hobbit League that has no mandatory attendance and no fees. We have goals to keep this hobby functioning in the future and are currently working on monthly tournaments.
Bolg_Was_Epic

Re: How strict is this tournament?

Postby BrentS » Fri Mar 07, 2014 10:22 pm

Bolg_Was_Epic wrote:For example I have only the model of the Witch King with his sweet helmet on.

But I may bring him without the upgrade. As long as I clear that with my opponents is that allowed?

I dont think that will be an issue. Just be clear with your opponent what equipment he has (or doesn't have).
BrentS

Postby griffen127 » Sat Mar 08, 2014 3:38 pm

Dude you seem really high strung. Its a rings tourney its small and easy going. Come to have fun and you will. Work yourself up and you won't (also others won't either). Its all good.
Proud founder of LotR FUBAD club. I need a sarcasm sign.
griffen127

Postby prion2001 » Sun Mar 09, 2014 10:40 am

Hi Bolg,

As Brent and Kyle have posted, the LotR events are pretty friendly. Not sure if you have played 40k or fantasy tournaments but if you have, our events are NOTHING like those. Essentially, people come and play for the love of LotR and the game. Sure, some people build competitive lists but usually even those players are pretty laid back about things. So honest stuff like you mention with WYSIWYG can be worked out in a friendly manner. I don't think you're going to find many people looking to be rules lawyers or try and play gotcha with rules and such, as I hear can happen in other game system.

Jamie
"It is a strange fate that we should suffer so much fear and doubt over so small a thing." Boromir
Check out my painting blog at http://www.fivearmies.blogspot.com
Shop Gorgon Studios. http://www.gorgon-studios.com
prion2001

Postby Bolg_Was_Epic » Wed Mar 12, 2014 11:41 am

Well yes @ griffen Im a very high strung person. Im really chill too at certain times, but when hearing about tournaments ive heard nothing but horror stories about models being used the right way.

Im just building an army to compete and have fun though this will be my first tournament so Im just excited and want to do it right!
ADEPTICON Hobbit players. I'd love your support. I with others are working on a Hobbit League that has no mandatory attendance and no fees. We have goals to keep this hobby functioning in the future and are currently working on monthly tournaments.
Bolg_Was_Epic

Postby prion2001 » Wed Mar 12, 2014 2:35 pm

I think small issues like the one you mention are not a problem. The only blow up I've really ever seen was a discussion about using non-GW and non-LotR models for a large portion of a force. Even that was really a personal issue between a very small group of players and in the end the tournament organizers have the final say anyway. As I am one of the TO's at Adepticon, I can tell you that a question about WYSIWYG on one model is not a problem as long as you are clear to players.

I think you'll find these events very relaxed and fun. Like any group of rabid gaming fans, people can get pretty passionate and sometimes butt heads. But that is definitely NOT the norm for this group. I

Jamie

Bolg_Was_Epic wrote:Well yes @ griffen Im a very high strung person. Im really chill too at certain times, but when hearing about tournaments ive heard nothing but horror stories about models being used the right way.

Im just building an army to compete and have fun though this will be my first tournament so Im just excited and want to do it right!
"It is a strange fate that we should suffer so much fear and doubt over so small a thing." Boromir
Check out my painting blog at http://www.fivearmies.blogspot.com
Shop Gorgon Studios. http://www.gorgon-studios.com
prion2001

Postby Smeagol » Thu Mar 13, 2014 6:22 pm

prion2001 wrote:I think you'll find these events very relaxed and fun. Like any group of rabid gaming fans, people can get pretty passionate and sometimes butt heads. But that is definitely NOT the norm for this group.

True that especially if Kyle and I aren't playing each other. :-P
One day I will figure out how to best him.
Smeagol

Postby Lordgoober » Fri Mar 14, 2014 8:20 pm

a lot of classic lists were ruined pretty badly by the warbands system when GW neglected to make generic captain models for lists that only had named characters that could be warband leaders which is part of what caused the flack over the plan that had been made for the evil side of a scouring of the shire set of lists. Plus I hate to say it, who would pay $420 for the rank and file grunts for a themed list?
Lordgoober

Return to Lord of the Rings News