San Antonio

All the latest and greatest info concerning the constant struggle and strife across Middle-earth!

San Antonio

Postby thorhak » Mon Jun 03, 2013 7:05 pm

Traveling to San Antonio Wed. for a Medical Conference. Intend to spend little time "conferencing" and maximal time "gaming"!
To that end, I spoke with the local GW store manager, "Golar", who was surprisingly upfront and honest. He has no serious LOTR gamers
or groups, but referred me to a local store that does...and in doing so, I've stumbled upon a LOTR gaming group 17 strong!

Been having regular conversations with the group leader who has been playing LOTR since it's inception like myself, and he even
attended the 2007 Baltimore LOTR GT. Anyway, he's been very accommodating and has his group lined-up for a "big game" Fri.
June 9th - 12 players have expressed interest. Charlie is meeting me Thurs. and Fri. afternoon so I can playtest my BBB armies.

It turns out, Charlie is hosting his first ever LOTR Tournament. I've posted his flier on my website http://adeptusmilehigh.com/index.php?option=com_kunena&Itemid=23&func=view&catid=15&id=5019#5019

In addition, in the same subheading on my website, I've posted the 3 scenarios that he intends to run for his tournament.

I think Frank would be very pleased, as he has moved away from the typical "Warbands" deployment issues...

I'll be posting daily updates of my experience in SAT, fully expecting to have my arse handed to me, as I'm not sure my
planned BBB armies are "Tourney worthy" but they will be beautifully painted and very thematic! Stay tuned!

Cheers!

Baruk Khazad! Kahzad Ai-Menu!!!
Mayhem in the Mountains 2014?!?!?!?! Stay tuned! Adeptus Mile High
thorhak

Re: San Antonio

Postby BostonNazgul » Tue Jun 04, 2013 12:11 am

no way? cool dude, I think brent should send you some email Doc.s of B3 flyers as well as AWC board info.

What was his name? I will have to go back to my 2007 results print off to find him! original crews represent!
BostonNazgul

Postby thorhak » Tue Jun 04, 2013 9:54 am

BostonNazgul wrote:no way? cool dude, I think brent should send you some email Doc.s of B3 flyers as well as AWC board info.

Good idea! Brent?!?!?! Send me some stuff...

BostonNazgul wrote:What was his name? I will have to go back to my 2007 results print off to find him! original crews represent!

Had the year wrong, it was 2008. He played Rohan. Name is Charles Torok. He's an older dude - like me! lol :twisted: For Sat. he had 2 Major victories and 1 Minor but things fell apart Sun...
Mayhem in the Mountains 2014?!?!?!?! Stay tuned! Adeptus Mile High
thorhak

Postby griffen127 » Tue Jun 04, 2013 1:45 pm

sweet u should push B3!!!!!
Proud founder of LotR FUBAD club. I need a sarcasm sign.
griffen127

Return to Lord of the Rings News