Announcing Bilbo's Birthday Bash - Nov 9-10!

All the latest and greatest info concerning the constant struggle and strife across Middle-earth!

Announcing Bilbo's Birthday Bash - Nov 9-10!

Postby BrentS » Thu Apr 11, 2013 7:19 pm

We are pleased to announce the 5th Annual Bilbo’s Birthday Bash. We’ve made some big changes to the tournament for 2013! This year, the tournament has moved to a new location at the beautiful Chicago Hilton in Northbrook! The tournament will occur on November 9th and 10th. This new location offers a lot of new amenities including a bit more freedom and flexibility with the scheduling of the event. Over the course of these two days, players will bring both good and evil armies and will battle with 6 different opponents. Based on popular demand, the points limits for each army will be increased to 750pts and games will be expanded to 2.5 hours.

Pre-Registration for Bilbo’s Birthday Bash is now open. The per-registration cost is $50. The Registration fee will go up to $60 after September 15 2013. Check out the Registration Page for more details.

The field size for tournament will have a hard limit of 30 players.

We have lots of great Swag items planned again this year. Keep watching for upcoming announcements.

Please Click Here for the Bilbo's Birthday Bash Website
BrentS

Re: Announcing Bilbo's Birthday Bash - Nov 9-10!

Postby Guardian of Ecthelion » Thu Apr 11, 2013 9:23 pm

Good News for sure.

Put me down I will pay at Adepticon.
Josh will be away at school, so I doubt he will make it.

Chris
Guardian of Ecthelion

Postby Smeagol » Fri Apr 12, 2013 10:35 am

I need to talk to my wife about attending this one. Given the change in weekends it looks like I can make it according to the calendar. Seven hundred and fifty points of themed Good and Evil is a nice touch. I will have to think about that one for a bit. I have plenty of Evil armies to choose from, but not a lot of Good ones.
Smeagol

Postby Lordgoober » Fri Apr 12, 2013 11:04 am

Put me down for it. Now I have to add some non hobbit models to my list. I've maxed out what I can field based on warbands rules. Thanks a lot...
Lordgoober

Postby Guardian of Ecthelion » Fri Apr 12, 2013 1:12 pm

@Smeagol-- Your wife said your good to go. You havent been to Chicago in a while. See ya in November.

That way we can have a real smack talk thread.
Guardian of Ecthelion

Postby BrentS » Fri Apr 12, 2013 2:10 pm

Glad to see some early enthusiasm for the event. I'll start tracking attendees names soon but the ultimate record is kept on the event website which is updated when paid registrations are received :)

Sorry if the bump in points totals disrupt your army plans. There was an overwhelming desire to try larger games out and with the new venue we aren't facing the same time restrictions we had the the Bunker.
BrentS

Postby old coast » Fri Apr 12, 2013 2:14 pm

Im in of course brent, Ill pay you in the next week or so..
can we get an early ruling on Non GW minatures (i.e Mithril LotR) for the event, in my case it' super obvious what they are..
Last edited by old coast on Fri Apr 12, 2013 2:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.
old coast

Postby BrentS » Fri Apr 12, 2013 2:16 pm

Lordgoober wrote:Put me down for it. Now I have to add some non hobbit models to my list. I've maxed out what I can field based on warbands rules. Thanks a lot...

I just crunched the numbers and if you include Bilbo and Bullroarer Took (with a 12 warrior warband), I got 82 hobbits and 772 points. This included upgrades to Battling Brandybucks and Tookish Hunters. I didn't include any horns. So its possible to get to 750 points and still only use Hobbits.
BrentS

Postby BrentS » Fri Apr 12, 2013 2:17 pm

old coast wrote:Im in of course brent, Ill pay you in the next week or so..

I hope my comments on needing to get paid didn't come off wrong... I'm just teasing and I know all the regulars are good for it.
BrentS

Postby Smeagol » Fri Apr 12, 2013 5:44 pm

BrentS wrote:Glad to see some early enthusiasm for the event. I'll start tracking attendees names soon but the ultimate record is kept on the event website which is updated when paid registrations are received :)

I should know by tomorrow. Maybe I'll milk the I'm going to be fifty in a few days card one more time. :-)

BrentS wrote:Sorry if the bump in points totals disrupt your army plans. There was an overwhelming desire to try larger games out and with the new venue we aren't facing the same time restrictions we had the the Bunker.

Bump? It's a 250 point drop for me. :-P
Smeagol

Postby Smeagol » Fri Apr 12, 2013 5:45 pm

Guardian of Ecthelion wrote:@Smeagol-- Your wife said your good to go. You havent been to Chicago in a while. See ya in November.

That way we can have a real smack talk thread.

So you're saying I'm a contrary old codger? :-P
Smeagol

Postby Lordgoober » Sat Apr 13, 2013 12:22 am

I'll just have to see I can find myself a Bullroarer did he ever have a non mounted version and some more hobbits. I've got 2 hornblower models so I should be good there. Then to start working on figuring out how to make up some Ruffians on the cheap. Heh. looking at it I need to find a Bullroarer Took (foot if possible and mounted) and ONE more Hobbit of either Shirriff or Militia Variety.
Lordgoober

Postby Smeagol » Sat Apr 13, 2013 9:34 am

I'm in! The trip has been approved. My registration fee will be on record early May.
Smeagol

Postby BostonNazgul » Sat Apr 13, 2013 10:18 am

i will smack the thread out of everyone BALKE!
BostonNazgul

Postby Guardian of Ecthelion » Sat Apr 13, 2013 11:38 am

@Smeagol--- Good news. I told you. Also I like when your around then I am not the "old guy".
Guardian of Ecthelion

Next

Return to Lord of the Rings News