Open Gaming Gone for Good?

All the latest and greatest info concerning the constant struggle and strife across Middle-earth!

Open Gaming Gone for Good?

Postby JLeong » Thu Mar 28, 2013 1:36 pm

Hey all, I was just told about GW stores permanently closing down open gaming on their tables.
While I believe that is absolutely possible at the regular shops, I can't imagine that is something being enforced at the Bunker as well. They have all that space, and their open gaming brings in a ton of business. It seems foolish to me to shut that down. Has anyone heard anything on the subject?
JLeong

Re: Open Gaming Gone for Good?

Postby Lordgoober » Thu Mar 28, 2013 2:18 pm

you're looking at the warseer thread and the other threads around? I would expect the Bunker to survive until its lease is up at that location. Once it's up I'd expect the bunker to close there and then turn into a 1 man store somewhere else.
Lordgoober

Re: Open Gaming Gone for Good?

Postby Shaggrudd Dethblasta » Mon Apr 08, 2013 7:04 pm

Personally, I'm glad their stores are doing that. They'll all close eventually, even the Bunker, and GW will go back to England where it belongs. With miniatures being done now with 3D printing, or at least companies who want to seriously compete for the best miniatures are doing them that way, GW no longer produces the best miniatures in the gaming world. GW can take their way overpriced miniatures back across the pond and go out of business. I got rid of all my LOTR and I'm much happier now that I have. I don't have to listen to their lies about this and that, about the regular price increases and why they have to jack them up yet again, about how you get less miniatures now, pay twice as much for them, and they're the exact same minis you bought when you first got into the game. I'm done with it. I wish the best to those who work for GW in states as they are a good group of people and don't deserve what they will soon be going through, but as far as the company is concerned, good bye and good riddance.
"Why can't you dig how beautiful and righteous it is", Oddball
Shaggrudd Dethblasta

Return to Lord of the Rings News