New Rules..Finally

All the latest and greatest info concerning the constant struggle and strife across Middle-earth!

New Rules..Finally

Postby old coast » Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:19 pm

So pathetically I have not gotten a chance to play with the new rules yet, in fact my last "game" I actually played was BBB..despite constantly fiddling with my models (insert joke here) Saturday I am giving a long time gaming pal who have never played a crash course on the game (he's played LotHS so he's mostly there)

However despite reading the new rules a couple times, I am trying not to overlook the basics of the new game. I know the basic rules of our old system well but
if dont get my head in the new game...I will know I will just end up playing the old rules..so in order to avoid that I am trying to make a cheat sheet with the changes.

Other than moving and shooting is now -1 and the new weapon special strikes what key new rules should I be really looking to explain??

I''ll probably run Rohan with Gandalf versus Orcs with a Troll and a Nazgul as the demo game just to try to get all the games features in..

what new stuff should I be sure not to miss?
Last edited by old coast on Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
old coast

Re: New Rules..Finally

Postby Lordgoober » Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:30 pm

Monster brutal attacks are brutal things from what I've read. I haven't played under the new rules myself either.
Lordgoober

Postby BrentS » Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:09 pm

Definitely the monster attacks...

Also a few other things to keep in mind...

- updates to all the spells for a "normal" version and a "channeled" version
- updated to the "in the way" rules for the different terrain types
- remember the spear support uses their own profile now (not just an extra attack)
- new heroic actions... especially Heroic Strike which is my new favorite
BrentS

Postby jlong05 » Wed Feb 27, 2013 8:12 am

Also in list building/model stats, models that take banners no longer lose all prior wargear. This means they still have a sword/ax/etc and may also have a shield.
The only "hobby" GW is interested in is lining their pockets with your money.
jlong05

Return to Lord of the Rings News