Ori's "Deadly Eye" Special Rule

All the latest and greatest info concerning the constant struggle and strife across Middle-earth!

Ori's "Deadly Eye" Special Rule

Postby thorhak » Mon Jan 28, 2013 11:17 am

Finally got some games in yesterday. 7 of us in Denver gathered and played some games. It was my first time using the new Hobbit rules and I must say I really liked them...except when our opponent's Isengard Troll picked-up a high elf and hurled him into a line of high elf archers killing all 5!?!?! Amazingly, we recovered and carried the day (Uruk Hai, Corsairs/Numenoreans vs. High Elves and Dwarves).

I played a Battle of 5 Armies themed army fielding 2 warbands. The first: Thorin w/ Orcrist and the Oakenshield, Fili, Kili, Bifur and Ori. The second: Dain, 6 iron guard and 6 khazad guard. I won both of my games - barely! lol

Anyway, Ori has a Deadly Eye rule, quite similar to Legolas' auto-hit rule. I don't have my books w/ me but the wording includes, "If the controlling player scores a 6 on the To-Hit roll". So I'm wondering if Ori rolls a "5" and uses his one point of Might to make it a "6", would this qualify. Although this instance did not come up in the game, we did discuss it as a group and we're split on the ruling. Any thoughts???

Now I just got apply some paint to Thorin and Co.!
Mayhem in the Mountains 2014?!?!?!?! Stay tuned! Adeptus Mile High
thorhak

Re: Ori's "Deadly Eye" Special Rule

Postby BostonNazgul » Mon Jan 28, 2013 12:56 pm

CO representing! nice to hear from you guys. I read it as yes you could might it up. he only has 1 so it is only a one time deal
BostonNazgul

Postby griffen127 » Mon Jan 28, 2013 3:55 pm

thorhak any chance you are going to make it to Acon or B3 this year?
Proud founder of LotR FUBAD club. I need a sarcasm sign.
griffen127

Postby thorhak » Mon Jan 28, 2013 4:58 pm

griffen127 wrote:thorhak any chance you are going to make it to Acon or B3 this year?

Had signed-up for all 3 ACON events, but had to withdraw...in my old age, I had consulted the "Book of Wisdom" (aka the wife's calendar) incorrectly! :evil:

As for BBB...the topic came up yesterday as we were playing, and 3 of us (including myself) are showing interest. We're also hoping to get MitM back on schedule for 2014. The local GW store started an escalation league with the Hobbit release. On their first meeting, 25 dudes (and dudettes) came out to play. 5 or so were from the AMH gaming club...but 20 others to lure...mold...and shape! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Mayhem in the Mountains 2014?!?!?!?! Stay tuned! Adeptus Mile High
thorhak

Postby BostonNazgul » Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:51 am

you could have some renewed travel interest for Mitd 2014 from IL.

PS BBB is gonna be amazing as always!
BostonNazgul

Postby griffen127 » Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:47 pm

sad you won't make it. As for B3 of course I'm going to be there
Proud founder of LotR FUBAD club. I need a sarcasm sign.
griffen127

Return to Lord of the Rings News