Goblin Town Board concepts

All the latest and greatest info concerning the constant struggle and strife across Middle-earth!

Goblin Town Board concepts

Postby BostonNazgul » Sat Dec 29, 2012 12:48 pm

While everyone is stoked about the goblin town scenery, Scott down under has beat us to the punch and got his foundation laid for his own goblin town.

http://www.scottswargaming.blogspot.com/

I like having a base like that that you then just put the wooden bridges over.

Getting 2 stories in some areas would be great and add some awesome depth to games visually and if someone wanted to climb that high...
BostonNazgul

Re: Goblin Town Board concepts

Postby griffen127 » Sat Dec 29, 2012 2:54 pm

I really dislike the short cut of just painting the pink foam. it kills it for me. besides that not bad
Proud founder of LotR FUBAD club. I need a sarcasm sign.
griffen127

Postby BrentS » Sat Dec 29, 2012 4:17 pm

The Goblin town that envision will be similar but hopefully even more epic.
BrentS

Postby old coast » Sat Dec 29, 2012 10:25 pm

I was thinking it might be cool to have 6 of us building 2x 2 sections of goblin town that could be played separately or in any number of combinations together
some general parameters would need to be agreed but as long as leave several edge run off that can be connected it would work. I am using fisk tank rocks for my rocky base looks very cool and combo of the EfGT box and Hirst wooden planks for mine....Just an idea...
old coast

Postby BrentS » Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:59 pm

old coast wrote:I was thinking it might be cool to have 6 of us building 2x 2 sections of goblin town that could be played separately or in any number of combinations together
some general parameters would need to be agreed but as long as leave several edge run off that can be connected it would work. I am using fisk tank rocks for my rocky base looks very cool and combo of the EfGT box and Hirst wooden planks for mine....Just an idea...

While, i like the idea, I've got about 14 sets of goblin town scenery (between the Escape box and the regular scenery box). I'm planning on doing an entire 4x4 table.

I'm not familiar with fisk tank rocks. Can you share a link?
BrentS

Postby old coast » Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:25 am

BrentS wrote:While, i like the idea, I've got about 14 sets of goblin town scenery (between the Escape box and the regular scenery box). I'm planning on doing an entire 4x4 table.

I'm not familiar with fisk tank rocks. Can you share a link?

probably would have prudent to bring that up before :? you bought 14 kits :shock:
Fish tank rocks are fish tank decor people put in there tanks to spice them up...they are usually lava rocks or something similar
go any petco or what not and search "rock" + "decor" and you'll see what I mean.
I got mine while I was in a Petco with my kids just looking at Animals..I then spied the "discount" bin..I got 4 for like 12 bucks or something...
look forward to seeing what you come up with
old coast

Postby BrentS » Mon Dec 31, 2012 6:52 am

Ah, "fish" tank rocks... Your original post said "fisk". That clears or up. :D

I was able to get a good deal on the scenery kits - no way I was paying retail for them!!
BrentS

Postby jlong05 » Mon Dec 31, 2012 12:16 pm

The only "hobby" GW is interested in is lining their pockets with your money.
jlong05

Postby Smeagol » Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:21 pm

If I can get the time, space and energy I'm thinking of converting my hal finished Redstone mines (Moria) into a 4x4 Goblin Town. Should be a lot less work since I don't have to deal with any dwarven architecture. Or at least not much.
Smeagol

Postby BrentS » Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:24 am

The bar has just been reset:

Thread from One Ring

http://www.one-ring.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=24786

King Ondoher wrote:Enjoy. This really does the Film and the game, justice. The store is GW Middlesbrough.

BrentS

Postby Derg » Thu Jan 10, 2013 6:54 pm

I really like the half size walkways, simple idea that makes the board look that much more precarious.
Derg

Postby old coast » Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:24 am

Looks like you got your work cut for you Brent, any idea how many sets that is versus your 14 sets? are you aiming for something comparable?''

I like it , but they used 2 pieces of a realm of battle for the back side?? that's a bit extreme in the cost department...it probably comes apart so you can reuse it... I sure hope so..
old coast

Return to Lord of the Rings News