Anyone playing LotR/Hobbit up North?

All the latest and greatest info concerning the constant struggle and strife across Middle-earth!

Re: Anyone playing LotR/Hobbit up North?

Postby JLeong » Thu Jan 03, 2013 5:18 pm

I finally have internet connection again-hurray!

I just wanted to take a second to thank Jeff--Trollboy-- for putting on a great tournament. I was amazed and excited to see so many LotR players up there! That community is excellent, and the manager, Luke, is enthusiastic about the game.

I think that the store in Kenosha is a great hub for AWC folks to cultivate. I know the influence of the gamers we have here will really bring the Kenosha players to a high level of gaming. They're a good group with solid skills, and they could go a long way to perpetuating The Hobbit momentum.

Thanks again, Trollboy, and I hope to see more of us around soon! I know a good number of us are relatively close.

Josh
JLeong

Postby Dark Dragon » Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:03 am

Sorry to resurrect this thread a day late and a dollar short, but it definitely caught my attention at work today causing me to register within 2 minutes of seeing it. I might of noticed it sooner, but I spent the bulk of December painting the new Escape from Goblin Town box set pretty much all month.

On to the point. I'm from Grayslake and I've been looking for a weekly game of LOTR SBG. The only other player I've been playing against recently is my 13 year old nephew once a month for the past 6-8 months. I have a vast fully painted horde of Mordor, Isengard (well over 2,000 points each) and a decent showing of Moria and Angmar. Currently working on Gondor to round out my collection. I was playing over at Red Top Plaza for awhile when there was a LOTR league going on about a year ago, but people stopped showing up and that place is really becoming less and less appealing to me.

I'm really curious about this Thursday night thing you guys have up in Kenosha and it sounds like something I might want to partake in if its open doors. If anyone has more information about it and could PM me, I'd be very appreciative. Also, seeing how Unique Gifts and Games is just down the street from me, I'd love to set up something during the weekend over there. I'm pretty sure I can reserve a table if anyone is interested.
Dark Dragon

Postby BrentS » Tue Jan 15, 2013 11:43 am

Wow... a second player that litterally lives minutes from me... PM incoming.
BrentS

Postby Guardian of Ecthelion » Tue Jan 15, 2013 1:03 pm

@Dark Dragon--- Tollboy AKA Jeff doesn't post here alot. I do know that the have a pretty good little group going on there right now. I went down last friday and there were 3 games going on.

I will contact him and let him know you might be interested in showing up.

Also welcome to the forums.
Guardian of Ecthelion

Postby Lord Baltimore » Tue Jan 15, 2013 1:59 pm

Also sent a PM to you!
Lord Baltimore

Postby Trollboy » Wed Jan 16, 2013 10:46 am

dark dragon - sent you a pm- interested in setting up a game w/you. This is getting as exciting as being a judge at a bikini contest! O by the way this is to u all- Goblin town game Sat at noon in Kenosha store.
Thanks- Trollboy aka Jeff
Trollboy

Previous

Return to Lord of the Rings News