Anyone playing LotR/Hobbit up North?

All the latest and greatest info concerning the constant struggle and strife across Middle-earth!

Anyone playing LotR/Hobbit up North?

Postby Lord Baltimore » Sun Dec 16, 2012 2:59 pm

Hello all! I'm a returning Rings player looking to get in some casual games/tournaments. I live near Gurnee IL, are there any shops within an hour or so where anybody's doing a weekly LOTR night or so? Thanks all!
Lord Baltimore

Re: Anyone playing LotR/Hobbit up North?

Postby BrentS » Sun Dec 16, 2012 3:04 pm

Lord Baltimore wrote:Hello all! I'm a returning Rings player looking to get in some casual games/tournaments. I live near Gurnee IL, are there any shops within an hour or so where anybody's doing a weekly LOTR night or so? Thanks all!

I'm in Gurnee too. Sending you a PM.
BrentS

Postby Guardian of Ecthelion » Sun Dec 16, 2012 9:16 pm

My son and I are in southeastern WI. We want to start playnig more games. I also know they play every thursday at the Kenosha store on Hwy 50 in WI
Guardian of Ecthelion

Postby Lord Baltimore » Sun Dec 16, 2012 10:52 pm

Guardian- is that the Pleasant Prairie GW? Ill have to pop in tere in a Thursday, that's usually a good night for me. If you and your son are ever interested in meeting up for a game there feel free to PM me and we can set up a day :)
Lord Baltimore

Postby Guardian of Ecthelion » Mon Dec 17, 2012 12:14 am

Lord--- yes the GW in Pleasant Prarie. I work retail so anytime soon is out. But hopefully after the holidays we can get together.
Guardian of Ecthelion

Postby Ugluk » Fri Dec 28, 2012 1:30 am

How is the Kenosha Thursday night population?
Ugluk

Postby Trollboy » Fri Dec 28, 2012 11:12 am

Hello Lord B and Ugluk,
My name is Jeff and my cell is 262-945-8500. I play somewhat regularly in Kenosha and am building quite a group here. I am holding my 1st annual Tournament of the Ring on Sat. and have 10 signed up. So Lord of the Rings is doing well in Kenosha, feel free to give me a call if you want to set up a game sometime.
Thanks -Trollboy (aka Jeff)
Trollboy

Postby Ugluk » Fri Dec 28, 2012 11:39 am

I cant make it this weekend, as there is a Lotr tourny at the Milwaukee GW, however I am very interested if there is maybe 4-5+ going regularly down there.
Ugluk

Postby BrentS » Sat Dec 29, 2012 4:21 pm

Just a reminder to all the new players that are coming out for the Hobbit. Adepticon has 3 Hobbit/LOTR events scheduled this year. There are tickets available for all three still.

Also, look for the return of Bilbo's Birthday Bash in November. We've got some new enhancements planned for 2013 to hofully make it the most enjoyable gaming event of the year!
BrentS

Postby Lordgoober » Sun Dec 30, 2012 12:05 am

Now will one of those improvements be not having it at the bunker so I can get away with doing an evil army that's pretty much all non GW models as I don't feel up to paying GW retail for about 70 ruffians?
Lordgoober

Postby Trollboy » Sun Dec 30, 2012 9:53 am

Hello
Just wanted to let everyone know that the first Tournament of the Ring had 12 players sign up and buy in. I am very , very happy with the turn out and quality of play. We took up every table in the store - it was awesome. Josh Leong will get his name on the new trophy as he edged out his buddy Drew for first place. We got some more people talking about the Thurs LOTR night- our Kenosha group is growing nicely. We had Balrog, a reinforcement calling scribe, Goblin King, Trolls aplenty- (my kin), wizards and more. The new rules played well and did not slow us down. Thanks for listening to me babble, but I love this game.
Trollboy (aka Jeff)
Trollboy

Postby Guardian of Ecthelion » Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:19 pm

That is very cool Jeff I am glad you had a good turnout. You have mgr there that loves the LOTR stories and is definately not affraid to promote the game.
Hopefully once I get my scedule bake to normal we can hook up on Thursday for some games.
Guardian of Ecthelion

Postby BrentS » Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:56 pm

Sounds like a great turnout. I'm definitely hoping to make it next time!

@lordgoober... You will have to wait and find out.
BrentS

Postby Trollboy » Mon Dec 31, 2012 1:26 pm

Thanks guys. It was a good time had by all - I am working to make Thurs nights a LOTR gaming night at GW. Anyone wanting to partake just give me a call and we will make sure games are set up.
Happy New Year -Think Troll
Trollboy

Postby Lord Baltimore » Wed Jan 02, 2013 1:53 am

I had a great time at the tourney as well! It went very smooth and the games I had we're very enjoyable. Looking forward to Thursdays and future tourneys! And agreed, Luke's enthusiasm for the game is very apparent and will go a long way towards getting the game established strongly in store.
Lord Baltimore

Next

Return to Lord of the Rings News