lotr International tourney

All the latest and greatest info concerning the constant struggle and strife across Middle-earth!

Re: lotr International tourney

Postby BlackMist » Wed Dec 12, 2012 10:51 am

Hey guys,

Just noticed that there's been some discussion here. To answer some of your concerns:
Venue is still very much to be decided. England suggested UK obviously, some other countries are still choosing their representatives, so there isn't much discussion going on at the moment. In terms of organisation Poland has run a 80+ person tournament at least twice a year for the past 5 years and their league is at the moment over 500-players strong with 6-7 major tournaments (50+ players) per year, about 10 medium sized (20-50) and 1-2 small tourney (0-20) in every major city and a number of minor cities running every month. In terms of competitiveness... Bringing a team of 5 and taking top 4 places at the 2009 UKGT can't be too bad!

I wonder if you could do me a favour and direct me to any other US-based forums. I'm sure there would be people interested from across the USA, but I really have no idea where to spread the word.

In terms of money... Poland is waaaay cheaper than England in case you're wondering about selling it to family BrentS. Now imagine getting to Poland for a tourney, then visiting all of Europe, going onto transsyberian train, ending up in Mongolia and flying back to LA from there... all for the price of a visit to the rainy UK :D
BlackMist

Re: lotr International tourney

Postby Smeagol » Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:15 pm

Flying to the UK is fine during the winter. Flights are cheap(ish). Can't imagine why. :P

Most of the US forums I knew of are pretty much defunct. I'm not even sure if the MitM forum is still up and running. The Florida forum has been taken down and GitD doesn't do LotR anymore. That's why I direct any US players I come across to this forum.
Smeagol

Previous

Return to Lord of the Rings News