lotr International tourney

All the latest and greatest info concerning the constant struggle and strife across Middle-earth!

lotr International tourney

Postby griffen127 » Fri Dec 07, 2012 5:14 pm

So I moved this. take a look

Report this postReply with quoteLotR/Hobbit World Championships
by BlackMist » Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:57 am

Dear All,

This is a message from Lemur posted on http://www.thelastalliance.com, http://www.one-ring.co.uk and a number of forums from Spain, Holland, France, Germany, England, Poland, Australia and other countries. Hope some of you will be interested and please spread the news across America (and let us me know where else you posted it).

==============================================================================

Dear Lord Of The Rings Players!

At the beginning I have to apology for my poor English, and I hope, that this information will be understandable for everyone I also have a little request- write any post in this discussion in English, so players from every country can understand what we are talking about.

As most of you possibly know, for many years Warhammer FB and Warhammer 40k players are organizing an event called European Team Championship(ETC). Despite of the name, this is a tournament, where they’re playing World Team Championship in both that games. Why we don’t have such a great event?

The answer is simple- nobody ever tried to organize it. Since whole initiative comes from players, not from Games Workshop, we have to make it on our own. Because ETC 2012 took place in Poland, last summer I tried to negotiate with TO’s some place for LOTR players on that event. Unfortunately Flames of War community was quicker than me, and I had to resign from this idea. Because of the mess after this year championship I don’t think it’s good idea to join the existing event.

We, players from Poland, discussed a lot about this initiative last summer, and this year it have returned to our minds. Many ideas about organizing something like this comes from that conversations. But it can’t to be a decision of just one country . Our wish is to make it international, maybe even worldwide event so players from every country interested in taking part of it, should have an opportunity to discuss and say something about organization. In that case, we’d like to make a suggestion.

In WFB and WH40k decisions about every edition of ETC are taken by captains of national teams. For obvious reasons we don’t have people like them in our society yet. In this case, to make our discussion easier and more readable, we’d like you ask every interested country’s players to choose some kind of representative in the next two weeks. It’s totally irrelevant how will you choose him or if it will be a player, a TO, or maybe the most known guy from your forum. The most important thing is other players approval, and willingness to take part in discussion about organizing our own version of ETC. For example I was chosen, because most players in Poland are too lazy or don’t have time, and because it was mostly my idea ;D

What’s the point of this idea? We will have a discussion about, where event like this should take place, to clarify some rules, restrictions, point limit, number of players in team- in a shortcut we’d create a rulespack for, I hope, the biggest LOTR event in history. I belive that many countries will be interested in taking part in this project, and in 2013 we can meet together on the international championship of our beloved game

If you are interested in this discussion, we’d like to invite your chosen representatives on: http://lotrtc.forums.gs/
After registration send a Private Message with a name of country you represent to user emo. who will be an admin of this site. Because some forums have restricted access, and only the representatives have an opportunity to write there, users who will send this PM will also be granted needed permissions. Of course everyone can read what we are writing there and the rest of forum is open, so feel free to comment our discussion.

I want to find out who is interested in this? and if we can make a team.
Proud founder of LotR FUBAD club. I need a sarcasm sign.
griffen127

Re: lotr International tourney

Postby BrentS » Fri Dec 07, 2012 5:20 pm

Not sure I could sell this one... but I'd be interested.
BrentS

Postby Smeagol » Fri Dec 07, 2012 7:18 pm

BlackMist asked me if I was interested and I directed him to Adeptus Windy City since I can't speak for anyone other myself. I'm interested in going. I'd have trouble selling this trip myself unless I could manage to bring my entire family and make a European vacation out of it.

I should note that the Polish players are VERY competitive when they play the SBG games.
Smeagol

Postby prion2001 » Fri Dec 07, 2012 9:47 pm

I agree with you two about going but think it never hurts to be a part of the discussion as there may well be US players who would like to attend. Plus, maybe we could do a "qualifier" of sorts here in the states if it got enough interest. My vote for people here to help discuss with them would be Brent (A TO and tournament player at many events). I also think the serious tournament goers like Kyle T., Tim H., Frank B., the SITE crew, etc.

Sounds like they need a chairperson of sorts so they can gather the communities ideas and filter that for the bigger discussions. Could easily set up a forum topic to track discussions and opinions so the chairperson could pass that along as needed.

Jamie
"It is a strange fate that we should suffer so much fear and doubt over so small a thing." Boromir
Check out my painting blog at http://www.fivearmies.blogspot.com
Shop Gorgon Studios. http://www.gorgon-studios.com
prion2001

Postby Smeagol » Sat Dec 08, 2012 1:22 am

They have a forum already. I was perusing it earlier today.
Smeagol

Postby BostonNazgul » Sat Dec 08, 2012 1:38 am

WHAT A GREAT IDEA. this is all I can think of

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DOEIruwzf54

And this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l3P4Fv64T44

to sum up, I would totally be willing to celebrate Old Glory Herself, and wear the stars and stripes... I would have kyle edit any army lists I come up with too.

I would totally save up pay checks for a trip.
BostonNazgul

Postby BostonNazgul » Sat Dec 08, 2012 1:40 am

yes team uniforms will be required.
BostonNazgul

Postby Guardian of Ecthelion » Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:41 pm

While this would probably not be in my budget in the next couple years. I love the idea. Team shirts would be a must in fact I think they should be sold by the participants to help defray the cost. Ok at least enough to buy a pint or 2.
Guardian of Ecthelion

Postby BostonNazgul » Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:53 pm

We need to nominate someone. lets get this ball rolling.

I nominate kyle because he brought this to our attention and seems to be a front runner for attending without convincing the boss's in family life.

I also nominate myself as a #2 for the PR sake. Kyle can sometimes come off as rough around the edges to new comers. :D
BostonNazgul

Postby BrentS » Mon Dec 10, 2012 7:26 am

BostonNazgul wrote:
I also nominate myself as a #2 for the PR sake. Kyle can sometimes come off as rough around the edges to new comers. :D

But we need to send someone who can win. This is a gaming tournament not a bake off. :wink:

I'm fine with Kyle taking the lead.
BrentS

Postby BostonNazgul » Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:24 am

are you familiar with the phrase, killing with kindness?
BostonNazgul

Postby BrentS » Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:39 am

I told Kyle yesterday that I'd like to be part of this. However, there is no way I could pull it in 2013. I've got too much other travel already planned.

I would like to consider this for 2014. If the organizers could be convinced to run the event in the UK, it would be a much, much easier sell as well.
BrentS

Postby BostonNazgul » Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:54 am

yeah 2013 is tight on vacation days. Just from planning stand points, I cant imagine this actually going forward in 2013... seems like a 2014 thing at earliest. but who knows what they have down.

kyle go sign up and message that dude. then spill all the beans here. I know you are not working. just sitting around, doing nothing....
BostonNazgul

Postby Smeagol » Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:56 am

The event is organized by the Polish Gaming community. They aren't likely, and to my knowledge have never, scheduled these ETC events outside of Poland. I'm not an expert on the subject though. You can PM Urocky on TLA as he's got a lot more experience with the ETC tournaments than I ever will.
Smeagol

Postby BrentS » Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:21 pm

I've pursued their forum and it looks like there is still some discussion on location. However I would agree that it's most likely they would do this in Poland.

Having said that. If they can bring this to England, there is a very high probability I can sell this trip to my family. Poland is a tougher sell but not impossible.

All this is contingent on 2014 participation.
BrentS

Next

Return to Lord of the Rings News