New rules...

All the latest and greatest info concerning the constant struggle and strife across Middle-earth!

Re: New rules...

Postby Smeagol » Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:50 am

JLeong wrote:As for misinformation, I'd like one thing cleared up: (I am at Valpo, and my tiny rule book is back in IL ATM), the sword "feint" special rule-- this allows a reroll of 1s when attempting to wound at the cost of -D3 to Fight Value, correct? Did I read it/am I remembering it incorrectly?

Yes.
Smeagol

Postby Lordgoober » Wed Dec 05, 2012 1:33 pm

Gives my poor little F3 Warriors of Minas Tirith a little hope these days against all those thugs with F4.
Lordgoober

Postby Smeagol » Wed Dec 05, 2012 2:59 pm

Lordgoober wrote:Gives my poor little F3 Warriors of Minas Tirith a little hope these days against all those thugs with F4.

Not really. It does help when those thugs are a higher defense as it gives you a second chance to kill them when you roll ones. Having played Haradrim for a very long time I can attest that poison weapons can be useful, but most of the time it doesn't help at all.
Smeagol

Postby old coast » Wed Dec 05, 2012 4:30 pm

Smeagol wrote:
Lordgoober wrote:Gives my poor little F3 Warriors of Minas Tirith a little hope these days against all those thugs with F4.

Not really. It does help when those thugs are a higher defense as it gives you a second chance to kill them when you roll ones. Having played Haradrim for a very long time I can attest that poison weapons can be useful, but most of the time it doesn't help at all.

It really only make sense to feint if you are fighting someone with a higher fight skill..you've already lost the tie so take the -D3 to your fight..if you win the duel...reroll "1"s :D
old coast

Previous

Return to Lord of the Rings News