Advanced Orders are up!

All the latest and greatest info concerning the constant struggle and strife across Middle-earth!

Advanced Orders are up!

Postby old coast » Fri Nov 23, 2012 9:48 pm

http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catal ... e=athletic
Pictures, contents, 360's the whole shebang....
Good news is the dwarves look better in these close up shots. the bilbo model is great!
if someone buys the $745 ultimate bundle please let us know! :shock:
old coast

Re: Advanced Orders are up!

Postby BrentS » Fri Nov 23, 2012 11:50 pm

Preordered Escape from Goblin Town.
BrentS

Postby Lordgoober » Fri Nov 23, 2012 11:52 pm

I'll be doing so through Games Plus since I'll be playing Battletech on the 1st so I can do some building there as well.
Lordgoober

Postby old coast » Fri Nov 23, 2012 11:58 pm

I got a note that mine has shipped already?? when this come out I thought its was 12/1?? :shock:
old coast

Postby BrentS » Sat Nov 24, 2012 12:17 am

old coast wrote:I got a note that mine has shipped already?? when this come out I thought its was 12/1?? :shock:

I've had that happen too.. However if you didn't have it shipped to a store, it will still get delayed and not to you until at least Tuesday after the release.
BrentS

Postby BrentS » Sat Nov 24, 2012 10:58 am

Well, I was working on my Christmas list trying to decide on what I should ask for. I the end, I settled in the new Rulebook, some Goblin Town Scenery, and the Trolls. I liked the Hunter Orcs and Fell Warg riders but I'm going to hold off on those until I decide to use them for an army.

I'm really looking forward to seeing the rules/profiles for Thorins Company.
BrentS

Postby Derg » Sat Nov 24, 2012 2:50 pm

I'm hoping against all reason that we'll be able to play Thorin's Company as a 600 point list (with or without wizard and hobbit). Can't wait until Sat to see the new rulebook.
Derg

Postby BrentS » Sat Nov 24, 2012 6:06 pm

Derg wrote:I'm hoping against all reason that we'll be able to play Thorin's Company as a 600 point list (with or without wizard and hobbit). Can't wait until Sat to see the new rulebook.

I'd be shocked of that's true but we shall see.
BrentS

Postby Derg » Sat Nov 24, 2012 8:06 pm

I agree, but always thought it was too bad you couldn't play the fellowship in their own game at a reasonable points match.
Derg

Postby griffen127 » Sat Nov 24, 2012 9:03 pm

U can play them. The fellowship is for the games in the journey books. They are not an army and as such not for the standard tourney style game.
Proud founder of LotR FUBAD club. I need a sarcasm sign.
griffen127

Postby capt.cortez » Sun Nov 25, 2012 11:04 am

griffen127 wrote:U can play them. The fellowship is for the games in the journey books. They are not an army and as such not for the standard tourney style game.

lol have you ever played this game before? the fellowship is an army in any form of the game and can be played in tourney style games they have allies and everything
capt.cortez

Postby capt.cortez » Sun Nov 25, 2012 11:16 am

did no one else think holy crap why are the prices so high the trolls are stupid expensive and the white council 75 bucks for 4 dudes i wish gw would grow up and see what they are doing just a few years ago the mordor troll kit was 25 bucks now they are almost twice as much
capt.cortez

Postby griffen127 » Sun Nov 25, 2012 12:08 pm

well he is talking about playing with the fellowship as is from the books. I've played this game a time a two. Its a gimic list that lends it self to games from the books not the tourney style. Play 5 point, or get off the board, you lose. Or play till broken you lose. Contest of champs you win. Its not balanced in an army sence. Have you ever played this game?
Proud founder of LotR FUBAD club. I need a sarcasm sign.
griffen127

Postby capt.cortez » Sun Nov 25, 2012 12:39 pm

you said "They are not an army and as such not for the standard tourney style game." but they are "an army" and can be used in a tourney or tourney style game. the point of playing them isnt to have lots of models on the table it is to have fun, an army doesnt have to be the most competitive thing to play in a "tourney style game" most people play this game to A: have fun B: cuz they like the movies and want to control there favorite characters.
capt.cortez

Postby prion2001 » Sun Nov 25, 2012 6:53 pm

capt.cortez wrote:did no one else think holy crap why are the prices so high the trolls are stupid expensive and the white council 75 bucks for 4 dudes i wish gw would grow up and see what they are doing just a few years ago the mordor troll kit was 25 bucks now they are almost twice as much

GW pricing should not be a suprise at this stage. I knew things were bad when they released 5 plastic terminators for $50 years ago and that looks like a pretty decent bargain nowadays. Luckily, I have plenty of stuff so I can buy the box and still play. None of the new stuff interests me really so I'll save my money. But, no point in complaining really. I'll just buy less but probably spend the same so GW probably won't care as they make the same either way (i.e. I'm still buying the box game). :(

Jamie
"It is a strange fate that we should suffer so much fear and doubt over so small a thing." Boromir
Check out my painting blog at http://www.fivearmies.blogspot.com
Shop Gorgon Studios. http://www.gorgon-studios.com
prion2001

Next

Return to Lord of the Rings News