Looking for Helms Deep metals..

All the latest and greatest info concerning the constant struggle and strife across Middle-earth!

Looking for Helms Deep metals..

Postby old coast » Sat Nov 17, 2012 5:00 pm

Just the metals...

Theoden, Foot and Mounted ...
Aragorn, Foot

Anyone? Cash Money or Trade...
I have some LotR plastics, Warhammer Terrain kits, Dreadfleet and Warmachine Starter sets, all still shrinked wrapped I am looking to get rid off...

Let me know, thanks!
old coast

Re: Looking for Helms Deep metals..

Postby Lordgoober » Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:42 pm

got a link to which sculpts these are? I can check my basement to see if I have any of them.
Lordgoober

Postby old coast » Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:54 pm

Theoden

Aragorn

Thanks Rob!!
old coast

Postby Lordgoober » Sun Nov 18, 2012 12:21 am

I'm almost certain I have the aragorn and the foot theoden in the basement. I will cehck for certain.
Lordgoober

Postby old coast » Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:17 am

Does anyone know anything about the Mounted Theoden model in the above finecast shot...I've found the original blister
but its has a different mounted model, similar to "Warg Attack" model. Was this model about ever released in metal?
was it fine cast only?
old coast

Postby BrentS » Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:36 am

old coast wrote:Does anyone know anything about the Mounted Theoden model in the above finecast shot...I've found the original blister
but its has a different mounted model, similar to "Warg Attack" model. Was this model about ever released in metal?
was it fine cast only?

Good question. My first reaction was the mounted model was released in the Warg Attacks boxed set. However, you ate right, when I go back and look at pictures, that is a different model. There is another metal Theoden -he's fully armored but also wearing his helmet. That metal model was the Theoden Pelennor model. The one you have in this post is different. I'm trying to remember the Finecast releases, this particular mounted model may be Finecast only.

Edit: I did a google images search on "Theoden Pelennor" and this model does come up as a single mounted model in metal. Maybe this was released when the War of the Ring came out.

Edit2: further google-fu searching, I found a painting thread from March of 2011 where this Theoden was being painted and it was metal.
BrentS

Postby Guardian of Ecthelion » Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:52 am

I believe this was a single mounted version of Theoden releasesed fro WotR. Because you did.nt need dismounts. I might have one, not sure where but will look today.
Guardian of Ecthelion

Postby old coast » Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:36 pm

Adding this guy to the list. I ordered two of these got one, GW saying they couldn't fufill my order for 4 weeks, and couldnt guarantee I get the other one..
I have the one on the right, I need the one on the LEFT....I have seen numerous people running Rohan Outriders over the years..maybe someone has one
they dont need or can part with...Help me get my all Vintage metal Helm's Deep force going for the TT , its going to be epic!! :D
old coast

Postby Guardian of Ecthelion » Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:56 pm

I know I dont have any outriders.
Guardian of Ecthelion

Postby Lordgoober » Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:58 am

as a note. Games Plus has all their Lord of the rings METAL blisters on discount.
Lordgoober

Postby Lordgoober » Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:08 pm

confirm having the Aragorn. He was on my living room piano, he even has all the flash on him to boot. Don't have a Theoden it looks like.
Lordgoober

Postby old coast » Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:20 pm

Hey Rob,

what do you need for the Aragorn?, where can I hook up with you in the next couple weeks?

I got the Theoden Models...still looking for that second Outrider...
old coast

Postby Lordgoober » Thu Nov 22, 2012 12:36 pm

we can talk about it at some point. I got no clue.
Lordgoober

Postby old coast » Thu Nov 22, 2012 10:23 pm

Do you still visit G+ regularly, I've been planning on making a trip up there for some shopping?
old coast

Postby Lordgoober » Fri Nov 23, 2012 12:01 am

I'll be going up on Saturday morning to buy something for double punches and put in my preorder up there for the Hobbit LE box (support the indy store as opposed to the bunker here since I'll be up there on the 1st anyway for Battletech)

Turns out I also found the foot Theoden while hunting for my dwarven doomseekers.
Lordgoober

Next

Return to Lord of the Rings News