BBB Pictures (Image Heavy!)

All the latest and greatest info concerning the constant struggle and strife across Middle-earth!

BBB Pictures (Image Heavy!)

Postby BrentS » Sat Nov 10, 2012 2:02 pm

I didn't take as many pictures this year (sorry guys) and I also didn't get as many good quality pictures from the ones I did take... however, here are some for your enjoyment.

BrentS

Re: BBB Pictures (Image Heavy!)

Postby BrentS » Sat Nov 10, 2012 2:03 pm

Bah, it looks like all the images are cut off on the right. I wonder if there is a setting that allows this to be corrected. I do not want to go back and rescale them all again!

Edit: It seems like the images are cut-off depending on which "skin" you use to view the forum.
BrentS

Postby prion2001 » Sat Nov 10, 2012 8:56 pm

Thanks for posting these. I need to get mine up at some point. I want to say that there were some truely inspirational forces at B3. From unbelievable painting to awsome display bases to cool themes, I was left totally fired up to paint some LotR. In fact, I went and ordered some figures for an evil force after being inspired by one of the forces I faced. :roll:

Jamie
"It is a strange fate that we should suffer so much fear and doubt over so small a thing." Boromir
Check out my painting blog at http://www.fivearmies.blogspot.com
Shop Gorgon Studios. http://www.gorgon-studios.com
prion2001

Postby Guardian of Ecthelion » Sat Nov 10, 2012 9:30 pm

I concur, Josh and I have been discussing army lists all week. Waiting fo rAdepticon.
Guardian of Ecthelion

Postby ChrisLS » Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:24 pm

My Lord, there are some amazing paint jobs in there! Any idea where that incredible eagle model is from? So much better than the GW model...
In my fantasy world, we have pie.

Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself. - Mark Twain
ChrisLS

Postby griffen127 » Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:30 pm

The mini is from cool mini or not. There personal line
Proud founder of LotR FUBAD club. I need a sarcasm sign.
griffen127

Postby jlong05 » Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:34 am

I was wondering about that eagle when I saw the pics as well. Does this mean that BBB is allowing non-GW figs for the tourney now? Given that GW dropped support it makes sense, but I thought the Bunker doesn't allow non-GW figs.
The only "hobby" GW is interested in is lining their pockets with your money.
jlong05

Postby ChrisLS » Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:38 am

I wonder if most of the GW staff these days would even recognize a GW or non-GW LOTR model...
In my fantasy world, we have pie.

Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself. - Mark Twain
ChrisLS

Postby BrentS » Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:54 am

jlong05 wrote:I was wondering about that eagle when I saw the pics as well. Does this mean that BBB is allowing non-GW figs for the tourney now? Given that GW dropped support it makes sense, but I thought the Bunker doesn't allow non-GW figs.

Here's the rules I've used for the tournament...

BBB Rules wrote:All models should be taken from the Games Workshop/Citadel Range. Some leeway on model proxying or “counts as” can be used; however, these proxy situations should be discussed with the tournament organizer prior to the event.

When I have learned that figures like these wouldn't be used, I did inform the players that the Bunker staff may not allow them to be used so they are taken at their own "risk".
BrentS

Postby jlong05 » Tue Nov 27, 2012 9:01 am

ChrisLS wrote:I wonder if most of the GW staff these days would even recognize a GW or non-GW LOTR model...

Quoted for Truth!

BrentS wrote:When I have learned that figures like these wouldn't be used, I did inform the players that the Bunker staff may not allow them to be used so they are taken at their own "risk".

Makes sense to me. I for one am always up for seeing alternate models. There are some good sculpts out there in the LotR range, and being able to play them would be great.
The only "hobby" GW is interested in is lining their pockets with your money.
jlong05

Postby Lordgoober » Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:00 am

The main one that you couldn't get past would be Tim. The fact that we were at the bunker is why I didn't try to find decent scummy merc/bandit models from other ranges and do the Scouring of the Shire as my theme. I have the full 600 point Hobbit army painted. I just would need the ruffians and I ain't paying GW price for them.
Lordgoober

Return to Lord of the Rings News