B3 Thank you's

All the latest and greatest info concerning the constant struggle and strife across Middle-earth!

B3 Thank you's

Postby Guardian of Ecthelion » Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:56 pm

I first want to thank Brent and Chris T for running an excelllent event. This is the 4th year of B3 and it has grown to an awesome event. Brent you should be proud of what you have done.

I want to thank all my oponents for excellent games.

THanks to all the out of towners and out of staters who made the trip. It was great to meet all of you and I had a blast at supper saturday night.
Guardian of Ecthelion

Re: B3 Thank you's

Postby old coast » Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:10 am

Hear, Hear. Brent thanks so much for your time and personal resources to put this on for 4 years, we owe you! :D
@ Chris..thank you too for sacrificing your time as a player to help out with this.
old coast

Postby BostonNazgul » Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:50 am

Thanks to Brent, Chris and everyone. This year more than ever really felt like a reunion of friends more than just a tournament. I would say that makes it pretty successful.
BostonNazgul

Postby griffen127 » Mon Nov 05, 2012 3:28 pm

It was pretty great. It was cool to see a lot of guys from out of town. Sad to see so many not show. Seems to be the same guys. The dinner was a blast, to my count its the largest yet. Thanks to all those that did stuff to make b3 a blast. Good times all around.
Proud founder of LotR FUBAD club. I need a sarcasm sign.
griffen127

Postby BostonNazgul » Tue Nov 06, 2012 1:34 am

I did not think this would happen, but I got home and was already looking at new armies and ideas. shows there is still a lot of cool stuff! 6 days till adepticon registration opens
BostonNazgul

Postby BrentS » Tue Nov 06, 2012 7:53 pm

Well guys, I need to thank a lot of people...

BIG thanks to Chris Thomas for helping me organize and run the tournament this year!

Thanks the Bunker Staff (especially Tim) for letting us use the space and being gracious hosts.

Thanks to Jeremy for his awesome lunch on Saturday!

Thanks to Chris, Kyle, Jeremy, Jamie, and Chris for helping provide terrain (as always). Without the cool terrain, BBB just wouldn't be the same

Thanks to GW, the War Store, Secret Weapon Miniatures, Back 2 Basix, and the Miniature Painting Authority for all being sponsors for BBB this year.

and finally. THANK YOU to all the players that attended the event. Its always a bit chaotic during the tournament and I don't always get to express my thanks to all of you for continuing to support our event!
BrentS

Postby prion2001 » Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:14 pm

Fantastic event! Thanks guys.

I already have a plan and even made purchases for a new evil force.

So psyched!

Jamie
"It is a strange fate that we should suffer so much fear and doubt over so small a thing." Boromir
Check out my painting blog at http://www.fivearmies.blogspot.com
Shop Gorgon Studios. http://www.gorgon-studios.com
prion2001

Postby Guardian of Ecthelion » Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:16 pm

Geez,
I am so sorry Jeremy I forgot to thank you for lunch on Saturday. I am usually just a basic meat and potatoes kinda guy and don't normally try anything new. I sampled every lunch meat you made and I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Thank you!!!!
Guardian of Ecthelion

Postby BostonNazgul » Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:46 pm

it was the least I could do! I am glad people liked it.
BostonNazgul

Postby griffen127 » Thu Nov 08, 2012 7:33 pm

Don't thank Jeremy, it lets people think we like him.
Proud founder of LotR FUBAD club. I need a sarcasm sign.
griffen127

Postby BostonNazgul » Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:31 pm

the veil of lies.... veil... of... lies...
BostonNazgul

Postby wobblefoot » Sat Nov 10, 2012 2:36 am

I would have done this earlier in the week, but work has been brutal.
First I like to thank the organizers for a great, well run event. I also like to thank all my opponents for the fun games and lessons learned. I like to thank Jeremy for the great lunch on saturday. Most importantly I like to thank Chris Thomas, Jeremy and Kyle for loaning me there armies and figs to make my return to LotR and my first Bilbo's Birthday Bash possible.
Lastly I like to thank the Chicago Battle Bunker Staff for hosting again this year. Hope to see you all at Adepticon and B3 next year.
wobblefoot

Postby Monty » Sat Nov 10, 2012 12:01 pm

This was a great tournament. Thanks to all the organizers. I can simply say that I had a great time. While I don't see my self as the world's greatest general (haha), every game was exciting and a lot of fun to play. I think it is a credit to Brent, Chris and the other organizers that BBB consistently attracts such a cool field of players. Thanks to all of my opponents for great games; THE SHADOW LORD SHALL RISE AGAIN! Although he will need to dry clean his robes and patch the sword holes.

Tyler
Monty

Return to Lord of the Rings News