Hobbit Miniature Release Rumor Thread

All the latest and greatest info concerning the constant struggle and strife across Middle-earth!

Re: Hobbit Miniature Release Rumor Thread

Postby griffen127 » Wed Nov 21, 2012 3:27 pm

All I want is the pictures. Sigh getting pretty pumped. Here's hoping its good looking stuff!
Proud founder of LotR FUBAD club. I need a sarcasm sign.
griffen127

Postby BrentS » Wed Nov 21, 2012 3:44 pm

griffen127 wrote:All I want is the pictures. Sigh getting pretty pumped. Here's hoping its good looking stuff!

I get the feeling that GW has clamped down on the leaking pictures. I should be able to download the White Dwarf sometime Friday evening (after midnight in the UK). That's the earliest I'm expecting to see real pictures. Of course, there is still a chance that WD pics will leak.
BrentS

Postby prion2001 » Wed Nov 21, 2012 4:32 pm

"It is a strange fate that we should suffer so much fear and doubt over so small a thing." Boromir
Check out my painting blog at http://www.fivearmies.blogspot.com
Shop Gorgon Studios. http://www.gorgon-studios.com
prion2001

Postby BrentS » Wed Nov 21, 2012 7:04 pm

I'd suggest you go to the Warseer thread on this topic...

http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthrea ... ost6522148
BrentS

Postby old coast » Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:48 pm

Well everyone has there own tastes but for me ..

The rank and file goblins and and guys on wargs are awesome...way exceeded my expecations....goblin King is Ok...
The scenery is cool...so those alone will get me to buy the big box... when I was just going to buy the book..
The Gandalf and Radagast sculpts at the end are very cool...so again I'm shelling out the $125 for the limited.
Dwarves- underwhelming, they dont really look like dwarves to me..(some do) I don't like the fact there making Thorin into a 5 foot Aragorn...

Best news is with also these goblins you can now field a great looking Moria Army.

White Council- I hope that is just a bad photo... because at almost $80 for those 4 figs..thats a tough sell
The Trolls...not loving them enough for that price in the wallet and on the table top..
and finally Bolg...what the hell??? This a was bad concept from the get go...The stills and other toys I have seen are nothing like the Tolkien vision I have. He looks like a cast extra from the Road Warrior, or something from a bad SyFy movie..I guess this sculpt is better than it could be based someones bad design from outset.. (he totally reminds me of the main zombie dude from the "cabin in the woods" the could be twins)

Despite my criticism, I am overall impressed given what volume is supposedly coming

What do you guys think?
Last edited by old coast on Thu Nov 22, 2012 1:17 am, edited 3 times in total.
old coast

Postby griffen127 » Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:06 pm

I really like the wargs and the goblins. All else is just ok. I'm very a happy that I could see them. Ill but the box and book.
Proud founder of LotR FUBAD club. I need a sarcasm sign.
griffen127

Postby Guardian of Ecthelion » Thu Nov 22, 2012 12:36 am

I dont know I guess I am a fan boy. I really didn't see anything I didn't like. I am eager now more than ever to see the new rules. I am also writing out my christmas list.
Guardian of Ecthelion

Postby BostonNazgul » Thu Nov 22, 2012 1:25 am

wargs look great. I really really really really they did not mess with the scale of the dwarves. I hope they can A) stand next to older dwarf models. B) look like dwarves next to gondorians for example.
BostonNazgul

Postby BrentS » Thu Nov 22, 2012 1:32 am

Looks to me like there might be an alternate bilbo model with the trolls. He's got a walking stick in that picture but he has Sting in the Goblin Town set.
BrentS

Postby Islestaggerholm » Thu Nov 22, 2012 11:45 am

I think he is a multi-plastic set choice. So the box set will come with both options available.
Islestaggerholm

Postby BrentS » Thu Nov 22, 2012 1:35 pm

Islestaggerholm wrote:I think he is a multi-plastic set choice. So the box set will come with both options available.

That would be nice. Interesting as the other boxed setsdont usually offer different configurations.
BrentS

Previous

Return to Lord of the Rings News