Hobbit Miniature Release Rumor Thread

All the latest and greatest info concerning the constant struggle and strife across Middle-earth!

Hobbit Miniature Release Rumor Thread

Postby BrentS » Tue Oct 02, 2012 3:16 pm

Speculation that November 3 will be the release date for the Hobbit Miniatures

http://www.one-ring.co.uk/viewtopic.php ... ead#unread

Coincidently, the largest SBG tournament in Chicago will be held at the Bunker that same day? Hmmmm....
Last edited by BrentS on Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BrentS

Re: Hobbit Miniature Release Date - Nov 3?

Postby griffen127 » Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:48 pm

Lol bad for the wallet. Anyone get the bunker staff to say anything about this??
Proud founder of LotR FUBAD club. I need a sarcasm sign.
griffen127

Postby BrentS » Sat Oct 13, 2012 7:56 am

Taken from the one ring...

greendragon wrote:I can confirm November the 3rd is a release date! GW aren't allowing us retailers to put up pre-orders just yet, expect them to go up Saturday 27th October at the earliest I think.

One has to wonder if they'll adopt a similar strategy to Dark Vengeance and release a Limited Edition version first, pushing the standard's release forward to November 10th. With so much time to spare before the film's release, I wouldn't be surprised at this.

November's White Dwarf will certainly contain a large feature on The Hobbit and retailers order it on the 22nd, its released Oct 27th but orders from myself will probably be with you on the 26th =D (this is the part where I blow my own trumpet...) November's White Dwarf can be pre-ordered here, the only reason I mention this is because now until Sunday my website is doing a free gift with all pre-orders
http://www.greendragongames.co.uk/deals/pre-orders.html
(Randomly chosen between a bag of flock, tube of glue, a LOTR mini or a voucher code for money to spend on the site) - This includes orders which have a pre-order and then other items

I'll keep an eye on this thread and use my "inside knowledge" along with the others in the know on this forum to try and bring you info on the Hobbit box set, its contents, prices, etc etc ASAP. As I'm sure most of you are just as excited are me and have probably already put down the money and commitment to get this box set no matter what... No? Just me? I NEED MY DWARVES!!
BrentS

Postby prion2001 » Sat Oct 13, 2012 1:44 pm

My local GW guys didn't know anything and were eager to hear the rumors I heard (sad that I am giving THEM info!). But, they suspected the same thing as mentioned in the post you quote. A special edition version of some sort. They did this with both the 40k book and the Dark Vengeance box so wouldn't suprise me. Usually, the pre-order stuff can't be pre-ordered until it goes live on the website which (Dark Veneance at least) happens the Friday before the release around 6pm. I know I plan to be around the store at that time just in case this all pans out as rumored.

Jamie
"It is a strange fate that we should suffer so much fear and doubt over so small a thing." Boromir
Check out my painting blog at http://www.fivearmies.blogspot.com
Shop Gorgon Studios. http://www.gorgon-studios.com
prion2001

Postby Lordgoober » Sat Oct 13, 2012 9:28 pm

same here. My wallet will be sad at that point ;)
Lordgoober

Postby BrentS » Mon Oct 22, 2012 11:13 am

New GW teaser video posted. Usually these come out a few days before the pre-orders go live on Friday. The content of this video is decidedly NOT the Hobbit. Not sure what this means in terms of all the rumors that the pre-orders go live n the 27th.
BrentS

Postby BrentS » Tue Oct 23, 2012 2:51 pm

The cover and contents for White Dwarf have leaked on the internet. Apparently NO big Hobbit release in November.
BrentS

Postby Lordgoober » Tue Oct 23, 2012 2:56 pm

Yeah. It's Chaos Warriors stuff. Makes my wallet happier since I'm pretty much done buying WFB stuff.
Lordgoober

Postby BrentS » Thu Oct 25, 2012 3:56 pm

From a contact at the One Ring:

greendragon wrote:So its here! Whats inside then...

There is a "gift guide" attached, and on the back page we have a photo of Bilbo, Gandalf and the Company, a little blurb about the film telling us to keep an eye on White Dwarf and also the logo for the new boxed game! The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey Strategy Battle Game - your telling me there ISN'T a new boxed set coming out?

Also attached is a mini-codex update for the new Warrior of Chaos models.

It looks like the first two pages come out as a massive Chaos Warriors poster.

A look at all the new releases, including the army boxes, paints and basing kits.

Battle Report: Warriors of Chaos v Ogre Kingdoms

A load of other 40k articles

On the back page we have a large portrait of Thorin Oakshield...
BrentS

Postby BrentS » Thu Oct 25, 2012 3:58 pm

and from the TLA:

mad_dan wrote:Hi

I lifted this from GW website

New products
For those of you who are Games Workshop Hobbyists, our new products pipeline is probably what
interests you most. Sadly this is not something that I can say too much about: keeping details of our
future releases secret until just before they are available to buy adds to the excitement and success of
each launch. In the last 12 months we have narrowed the disclosure window to the weekend before
release and sales of new products - and of White Dwarf which showcases the new products - have
been significantly higher as a result.
What I can say is that we will release some amazing products this year. Products that will surprise and
delight Hobbyists. We plan to do so every month, including December 2012 when we will release our
new Hobbit range to coincide with the film. And... ahh, but that would spoil the surprise. You will just
have to wait and see. You will not be disappointed.

Mark Wells, CEO of Games Workshop

Its from a press release issued July this year so is safely in the public domain
BrentS

Postby BrentS » Fri Oct 26, 2012 7:06 pm

The new advanced orders are up... No Hobbit stuff.
BrentS

Postby BrentS » Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:16 pm

Rumor from The Last Alliance...

Isilduin wrote:I can all but confirm that the big day will be December 1st. I've been told a lot of current LOTR stock will be removed from shelves and become direct order only, while shelf space will increase for The Hobbit range (at least at my local GW), indicating a pretty huge number of releases. However, apart from the logistical stuff, the staff know virtually nothing. They do suspect there might be something to that 'fake' list we saw a while back. No promises though. Exciting times! :D
BrentS

Re: Hobbit Miniature Release Rumor Thread

Postby BrentS » Fri Nov 09, 2012 7:42 am

Kevin from Mitril wrote:Hi folks,
infro from warseer :)
So, here is what I heard on The Hobbit release in december. Take with salt, allthough my source was pretty confident, and he should know.

Release of The Hobbit game is scheduled for december 1st, with preorders starting November 24th. New WD should hold all the information, so I'd expect pictures around the 20th.

The LotR tabletop game will be renamed "The Hobbit". War of the Rings stays the same (for now). This is to emphasize on the difference inbetween the two systems. I've heard rumours of a "Battle of the five armies" supplement for War of the Ring, but I would not expect this anytime sooner then the 3rd movie. Probably more an educated guess then a rumour.

The one product for the Hobbit in december (as far as I know we really only get one) is a boxed game in the lines of Dark Vengence and Island of Blood. It contains more miniatures then Dark Vengance [czyli więcej niż 48 - MM]. No definite info on the contents, but 13 dwarves, a hobbit and a wizard should be a safe bet. No words on the opponents. I'm guessing goblins and wargs, with something big the dwarves can steamroll.

The box is supposed to contain scenery.

The box also comes with a brand new rule book. It's a complete new set of rules, though they are probably based on the current rules. Though I am very excited about this, hold your horses. It's still just rumours.

For the time being, the only way to obtain the book ist the boxed set. No hardcover, allthough I'd expect that to change in the future.

Now the downside is the price is located somewhere around 100€. That would roughly put it in the same category as the current Space Marine battalion (check your regional website for price comparison)

There were hints on a limited edition of the boxed set. Worked pretty well for Dark Vengance.

Enjoy, and take it with salt, as always.
BrentS

Postby prion2001 » Fri Nov 09, 2012 9:33 am

Just given this link from Hank. Baring something catostraphic I expect this will be the rules we start using.

Jamie
"It is a strange fate that we should suffer so much fear and doubt over so small a thing." Boromir
Check out my painting blog at http://www.fivearmies.blogspot.com
Shop Gorgon Studios. http://www.gorgon-studios.com
prion2001

Postby BostonNazgul » Fri Nov 09, 2012 12:06 pm

who wants to pay $120 for a box set that contains models you may or may not want. I smell a trip to a photo copier with someones rule book copy
BostonNazgul

Next

Return to Lord of the Rings News