Workspace

All the latest and greatest info concerning the constant struggle and strife across Middle-earth!

Interested in seeing other enthusiasts workspace?

yes
80%
no
10%
don't care
10%

Total votes : 10

Workspace

Postby thorhak » Sun Sep 16, 2007 12:29 pm

My suspicion is that every here probably has a corner of their house dedicated to their "labor of love," i.e. where they model, convert, paint LOTR figs. Mine happens to be the crawl space beneath the basement stairs where my water heater and Ac/heaters are. The space is actually big enough for a full-sized desk and 4 bookshelves!

Anyway, as I was writing my latest reply to zgeist, I had a thought. I think it'd be fun/cool to see everyone's workspace. So if we get a consensus, then we can post some pics! What do y'all think?!?

I played with the poll thingy...what fun :twisted:

(and naturally I voted yes) :twisted:
Mayhem in the Mountains 2014?!?!?!?! Stay tuned! Adeptus Mile High
thorhak

Postby BrentS » Sun Sep 16, 2007 12:35 pm

I've shown my workspace elsewhere and I'll show it here too. Sounds like fun.
BrentS

Postby Angelos » Mon Sep 17, 2007 5:03 am

Mines in the basement on a nice big desk with an ipod dock to keep me going. Ill get a pic later.
Angelos

Postby zgeist » Mon Sep 17, 2007 11:47 am

Mine was supposed to be in the basement, but it's too cold to paint down there in the winter, and I prefer to paint by daylight. So now it's on the dining room table most of the time. Which means I have to pick it up when we have guests. :cry:

But, if I didn't have that occasional motivation it would just get messier and messier I suppose. I may yet try the basement again if I can find a decent hazard free heater.
zgeist

Postby thorhak » Sun Sep 23, 2007 9:32 pm

So we have 8 responses...not yet a quorum as there seems to be about 10 or so regular posters here.

I'll give it to the end of the week. If we achieve a majority, 10 people voting with >50 % saying yes, then we should post here. If we still only have a quorum, then we could post links to our personal web pages. Deal?
Mayhem in the Mountains 2014?!?!?!?! Stay tuned! Adeptus Mile High
thorhak

Postby knitemare » Mon Sep 24, 2007 12:45 pm

Sounds good to me, though I do a majority of my figure work at the bunker.
knitemare

Postby Dave » Mon Sep 24, 2007 2:43 pm

I have my workspace in the garage, but the garage lost its heat when I upgraded the furnace and hwh to 95%(+) efficient units so the only garage heat is if I leave the connecting door to the house open. Sometimes I do. Usually I don't. So my more usable year-round workspace is upstairs in the master bedroom where I have a full-size desk under a window with good light, except with a 10mo baby at home for the last, well, 10 months (funny how that works out) I haven't been allowed to have the krieg lights on in the bedroom to be able to paint by the bright light that I prefer. So lately I've been painting/modelling/working standing up over my 42"+castors gaming table that I haven't reclaimed from my wife's "stuff" (junk) since the new baby.

But hey, we have a Wii and new living room furniture and that beats hiding in the garage to paint my Arnor Ranger army (Elrond's boys, some Dunedain, and a bunch of Rangers).
Dave

Return to Lord of the Rings News