Throne of Skulls 2012 invitation

All the latest and greatest info concerning the constant struggle and strife across Middle-earth!

Re: Throne of Skulls 2012 invitation

Postby Slammers77 » Sat Aug 18, 2012 8:36 pm

I'm glad to see that the winners got their due, with GW's staff now, I had questions about that. As far as ToS this year, hell no. IMO last year's was the worst run event I have ever attended. It was fun seeing everybody and hanging out drinking some beers, but the event was terrible. From John A and Gary getting matched to play each other 3 times, to Chris LS losing overall when they gave all of the rematch players bonus "player votes" after they realized that rematches caused a problem to that scoring, to them never asking for armies to be displayed for paint judging, yet they picked 3 winners, to the fact that I have been to an event at the Memphis CC. Battle on Beale (successor to the Hillbilly) was played there and it is a hole. I can think of no logical reason to spend $500 for an event that will surely disappoint.

John
Slammers77

Postby Smeagol » Sat Aug 18, 2012 10:29 pm

Tom Keagan's feedback following the last Hillbilly didn't rate that locale very high either. I'm still on the fence whether I'm going. I'll have to weigh the price of flights and the hotel into my decision. I'd rather play in the Bilbo's Bash tournament, but since I can't....
Smeagol

Postby Smeagol » Mon Aug 20, 2012 2:38 pm

After reviewing the costs for flight, hotel and food, etc... plus the fact this lands right in the middle of my family's only two week window for a vacation during the school, I will not be attending.
Smeagol

Postby Guardian of Ecthelion » Mon Aug 20, 2012 10:58 pm

Dang that stinks Tim. Is there a chance you might make it to adepticon next April?
Guardian of Ecthelion

Postby Smeagol » Mon Aug 20, 2012 11:30 pm

Guardian of Ecthelion wrote:Dang that stinks Tim. Is there a chance you might make it to adepticon next April?

That is still a possibility.
Smeagol

Postby Guardian of Ecthelion » Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:46 am

That would be cool if you could make it out this year. I want a rematch. One of these times I need to win. LOL.
Guardian of Ecthelion

Postby Smeagol » Tue Aug 21, 2012 1:19 am

You know every time I help someone write their force list. I lose against it. :-P
Smeagol

Postby thorhak » Thu Aug 30, 2012 3:18 pm

Hoping to rekindle the flame in Denver...trying to get together a small event at my house to commemorate the passing date of MitM.
Have a couple of guys commited, night games mind you, not rollin' die until well after 8PM. Round Robin if we have 3-4, Swiss-style if more.
Intend to drink lots of beer of course during the proceedings, and likely will be sporting my Dwarves w/ Ballista et. al.

My core players...Aaron, Tony and Jonathan...have carried the LOTR torch in my abscence, continuing to meet on Thurs. at Collectormania, build new armies, post Battle reps, etc. I don't know if we can ever reach 20 players without outside help, i.e. travellers, but there is a group of core players in Denver that intend to continue w/ Tournament style play etc. and we are very interested in being involved should we get our own Independent LOTR Circuit up and running.

Definitely expect to see MitM rise out of the ashes, if not 2013, definitely 2014...largely depends on where I'm at career-wise.

Keith
Mayhem in the Mountains 2014?!?!?!?! Stay tuned! Adeptus Mile High
thorhak

Previous

Return to Lord of the Rings News