The Hobbit... coming in December

All the latest and greatest info concerning the constant struggle and strife across Middle-earth!

The Hobbit... coming in December

Postby BrentS » Thu Aug 02, 2012 10:10 am

Copied from a thread in the One Ring:

Harfoot wrote:In WD392 -

its says to watch out in future WD and the GW website for details of forthcoming releases :D :D :D :D

Dezartfox wrote:The CEO stated in his report that everything for the Hobbit is due out in December to coincide with the film :)

pg6:

http://investor.games-workshop.com/wp-c ... -final.pdf

For those of you who are Games Workshop Hobbyists, our new products pipeline is probably what interests you most. Sadly this is not something that I can say too much about: keeping details of our future releases secret until just before they are available to buy adds to the excitement and success of each launch. In the last 12 months we have narrowed the disclosure window to the weekend before release and sales of new products - and of White Dwarf which showcases the new products - have been significantly higher as a result.
What I can say is that we will release some amazing products this year. Products that will surprise and delight Hobbyists. We plan to do so every month, including December 2012 when we will release our new Hobbit range to coincide with the film. And... ahh, but that would spoil the surprise. You will just have to wait and see. You will not be disappointed.
BrentS

Re: The Hobbit... coming in December

Postby prion2001 » Thu Aug 02, 2012 4:42 pm

I'm actually cautiosly opptimistic about this new release. Recently I've been thinking about the long term picture for LotR and I feel encouraged by the fact that this time around we have an active community here at AWC, at Adepticon, B3, Bunker, etc... and I hope this will allow people attracted to the game to stick with it since there will at least be a bit more of a hobby community they can interact with then there was when the first films and the splash sales ended.

I'm actually growing more excited about LotR, thinking about demo and game ideas for all the potential new players. Given the past support of the game by some GW staff I think we will have to be the tourchbearers (or Ringbearers if you will) that provide the longevity and excitement for this system. They'll make money either way but hopefully our efforts will provide us with a thriving hobby community and we can all enjoy playing some games in Middle-earth. At least I can hope.

Jamie
"It is a strange fate that we should suffer so much fear and doubt over so small a thing." Boromir
Check out my painting blog at http://www.fivearmies.blogspot.com
Shop Gorgon Studios. http://www.gorgon-studios.com
prion2001

Postby BrentS » Fri Aug 03, 2012 2:55 pm

prion2001 wrote: I think we will have to be the tourchbearers (or Ringbearers if you will) that provide the longevity and excitement for this system.

In my mind, this is the most important part of growing the hobby. We need a constant source of presence and game playing. Unfortunately, for many of us, that just isn't a viable option. We have too many grown up responsibilities which prohibits our ability to play with the little toy soldiers.
BrentS

Postby BrentS » Fri Aug 03, 2012 7:53 pm

I've got no idea on the validity of this particular rumor snippet:

The Hobbit release gets completely rescheduled at the moment, so nothing certain to tell. Release is full plastic, characters only available in unit boxes or themed full character boxes.

Taken from this blog:
http://natfka.blogspot.com/2012/08/game ... anids.html
BrentS

Return to Lord of the Rings News