Saturday August 4 Bunker: Last Alliance of Elves and Men

All the latest and greatest info concerning the constant struggle and strife across Middle-earth!

Saturday August 4 Bunker: Last Alliance of Elves and Men

Postby Lordgoober » Sat Jul 21, 2012 10:28 pm

Ok. I've been having a bit of fun looking at the scenarios in the backs of the warbands army books and was thinking about playing the Last Alliance of Elves and Men game at some point. About a month ago I built a list for the Good side and realized I could supply all the minis for this side. Today I was sitting in the back of the bunker with one of the college age LotR guys and during our yakking I decided to see if I could make a decent themed Mordor force with what I own and pulled that off. So we decided that in 2 weeks (since I'm going to Games Day for some silly reason ;)) we will play the game.

There will be almost 3000 points of models between the two sides on the board so having at least 2 players per side would be great. Here are the two forces. Each of them conviently is 6 warbands which divides pretty easily between the two.

Army A: Good. Gil-Galad, Elrond, Elendil and Isildur are unpointed models. You then add 400 points of the Eregion/Rivendell list and 300 points of Numenoreans.

Warband 1: Gil-Galad, High Elf Warrior w Banner, 4 High Elf Warriors w Elven Blades, 4 High Elf Warriors with Spear and Shield

Warband 2: Elrond, 4 High Elf Warriors with Elven Blades, 4 High Elf Warriors with Spear and Shield

Warband 3: Armored Glorfindel, 5 High Elf Warriors with Elven Bows and Elven Blades

Warband 4: Elendil, Numenorean Warrior w Banner, 6 Numenorean Warriors with Sword and Shield, 5 Numenorean Warriors with Spear and Shield

Warband 5: Isildur, 4 Numenorean Warriors with Sword and Shield, 4 Numenorean Warriors with Spear and shield

Warband 6: Numenorean Captain with Bow, 6 Numenorean Warriors with Bow.

Evil: Sauron with Ring and 1200 points of Mordor models with no other named heroes. Most of the Orc models are not fully painted

Warband 1: Sauron, 6 Black Numenoreans, 6 Morannon Orcs with Spear and Shield

Warband 2: Mordor Orc Taskmaster, 6 Morannon Orcs with Sword and Shield, 4 Mordor Orcs w Spear, 2 Mordor Orcs with 2HW

Warband 3: Mordor Orc Drummer, 6 Morannon Orcs w Sword and Shield, 4 Mordor Orcs w Spear, 2 Mordor Orcs w 2HW

Warband 4: Mordor Orc Captain w Shield, 6 Morannon Orcs w Sword and Shield, 4 Mordor Orcs w Spear, 2 Mordor Orcs w 2HW

Warband 5: Mordor Troll Chieftain, 2 Mordor Trolls, 6 Orc Trackers, 4 Mordor Orcs w Bow

Warband 6: Black Numenorean Marshal w Shield and Armored Horse, 8 Morgul Knights, 4 Warg Riders w Throwing Spears.

So. Who's interested in coming out to the bunker to play this one?
Lordgoober

Re: Saturday August 4 Bunker: Last Alliance of Elves and Me

Postby knight of Gondor » Thu Aug 02, 2012 11:02 am

As this is planed to happen in 2 days, what time were you planing on geting to the bunker?
From the darkness a fire shall be woken
A light from the shadow shall spring
Renewed shall blade that was broken
The crownless again shall be king
knight of Gondor

Re: Saturday August 4 Bunker: Last Alliance of Elves and Me

Postby Lordgoober » Thu Aug 02, 2012 10:20 pm

I'm probably going to get there fairly close to opening. Now. Based off the lists in the original post, I minorly goofed on what I had models wise. I only have 1 box worth of Morannons not 2, so I've done a minor tweak, the 4th warband replaces the Morannon orcs with Sword and Board with Mordor Orcs with Sword and Board and then replaces 2 Warg Riders with 2 more Morgul Knights. I also now have everything set in my car. It all fits in one Shield Bag (2 GW layers + 1 Battlefoam GW size infantry layer for the orcs and Elves), 1 Sabol AT case which has the Sauron and the Numenoreans and then the morgul knights are in a tackle box.
Lordgoober

Return to Lord of the Rings News