"Clash of Heroes" Event in September?

All the latest and greatest info concerning the constant struggle and strife across Middle-earth!

"Clash of Heroes" Event in September?

Postby Lordgoober » Tue Jul 10, 2012 10:59 pm

Ok. I was having a little of an amusing brainstorm earlier this week and just thought to pose the idea thinking of interest. Who here would be interested in playing a little 500-600 point 3-4 game "tournament event" on a saturday sometime in September. The main rules caveat here would be that the only models you could use would be Heroes. It would give people a chance to screw around and use the big point heroes in a format where they wouldn't be completely outnumbered by puds.

I would think that the only restriction that there would be is no Mumak mounts.
Lordgoober

Re: "Clash of Heroes" Event in September?

Postby BrentS » Wed Jul 11, 2012 6:43 am

Sounds a bit like the Mt Doom events that I've run in the past. In general those have always been well received and the players have a good time.

Having said that, Saturdays in September wouldn't work for me. Don't let that stop you though.
BrentS

Postby Smeagol » Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:07 am

Fellbeast swarms will destroy all hero forces. Still a fun idea if the players take as such. My favorite small scale format is still the March to Mount Doom format. You can still get big heroes who won't get stuffed by a horde of grunts.
Smeagol

Postby Lordgoober » Wed Jul 11, 2012 10:17 am

Maybe do it at 500, no fell beasts, no mumaks. If someone wants to be silly and take Sauron with the Ring and one other unnamed pud hero, go right ahead ;)
Lordgoober

Postby jlong05 » Wed Jul 11, 2012 1:07 pm

20 RotN. Probably a good counter for the fell beast swarm. Maybe... Unless you spent the points for the shadowlord.
The only "hobby" GW is interested in is lining their pockets with your money.
jlong05

Postby Smeagol » Wed Jul 11, 2012 3:52 pm

jlong05 wrote:20 RotN. Probably a good counter for the fell beast swarm. Maybe... Unless you spent the points for the shadowlord.

They can't shoot into combat. There in lies the problem. Keep the wraiths in combat and heroic combat into another combat. After a couple of turns the Rangers of the north will be hurting pretty badly. Terrain isn't a perfect solution since they RotN can be compelled into the open.

Beside an all Ranger of the north force is not a legal force. None of them can be the force leader.
Smeagol

Return to Lord of the Rings News