2012 Adepticon Feedback

All the latest and greatest info concerning the constant struggle and strife across Middle-earth!

2012 Adepticon Feedback

Postby BostonNazgul » Mon Apr 23, 2012 12:01 pm

Please post any feedback, critiques, comments, compliments, good, the bad, the ugly etc that you thought about the Adepticon Singles event. If posting about the team event, post with a separate header unless Jamie starts a new thread.

Some topics of interest are

-Scenarios
-Time limits
-bonus points

please avoid comments on Warbands-legions formatting as it is a closed topic and moving forward will be a pure warbands format.
BostonNazgul

Re: 2012 Adepticon Feedback [Team Tournament]

Postby Lordgoober » Mon Apr 23, 2012 12:15 pm

I only played in the team tournament myself. I had a good time for the most part.

That being said, i had a major bit of frustration in the 3rd scenario. For reference, my team which was Corsairs and Mordor was playing against the Fellowship + Elrond. Our team's two major frustrations came from two things.

Frustration A: The reinforcements. First off, it was annoying to have not easily have all 1000 points on the board. When a game is billed to be at 1000 points, we made our plans around actually being able to use everything we added in. What made it more frustrating was how high the rolls you needed to get to bring the reinforcements in.

Frustration B: This one was matchup based. For my game, the secondary objective was pretty much literally impossible to succeed at. Even if we were able to kill enough models to bring them to 25% to end the game, we would have to literally table them on the last turn in order to get the secondary objective.
Lordgoober

Re: 2012 Adepticon Feedback

Postby Guardian of Ecthelion » Mon Apr 23, 2012 1:11 pm

First of all let me say that I had a great time, just like every other year. I must say that I love the 3rd Scenario in the singles. I love the scout move. As cool as that one was the 2nd one was equally bad. With no chance to combat the pickup it relied strictly on rolling a 4 and your opponent not. By the time I got to roll for the "prizes" 4 were dug up and moving backwards. I got to try twicw and failed once, he didn't and controlled 5 of them. Party because I played Dwarves but even then, with equal move distances he was more tha 6 inches away so only Cav may have been able to catch him. It was just bad, if you lost 2 priorities and maybe heroic move roll off you had no chance to stop them before they got back to there camp. Just bad. Going backwards in ant of the sieze the prize scenarios is just bad. I played Tyler who is a great guy and had fun even though I had no chance.

TEAM TOURNAMENT---The third scenario was withreinforcement was just a bad idea. We killed Kamul (their hero) turn 3 and only had to kill to more guys. We did the reinforcements never came on. Also at that point and time with major win in hand whould it really be fun for them to play the rest of the game? Probably not, not sure if anyone else ran into that situation.

Like I said in the other thread---Thanks to both of you for carrying the torch this last weekend and running the events.
Guardian of Ecthelion

Return to Lord of the Rings News