Adepticon Thanks

All the latest and greatest info concerning the constant struggle and strife across Middle-earth!

Adepticon Thanks

Postby BostonNazgul » Sat Apr 21, 2012 10:04 pm

Just wanted to throw a quick throw out of thanks to all those involved with setting up, organizing, running, buying, playing, understanding, attending, adapting, painting. I hope that covers it all. The lord of the rings community continues to be the best group out there and we had some great events, moments and laughs.

more coverage and score posting to follow in the next couple days.
BostonNazgul

Re: Adepticon Thanks

Postby Sajii » Sat Apr 21, 2012 10:18 pm

Kzoo had a blast. Some of the craziest LOTR moments I've had happened this weekend! THank you everyone!
What, do I sign my name here or something?
Sajii

Postby Lordgoober » Sun Apr 22, 2012 12:21 am

Heh. My most memorable LOTR moment of the convention was actually Friday night during the bits swap where I bought a box o hobbits for $80 + metal Archaeon on horse. Turns out there were 96 hobbits in the box wit ha total retail at current prices of over $400.
Lordgoober

Postby JLeong » Sun Apr 22, 2012 11:45 pm

It was a really great time, guys. Unfortunately I was not able to make it for the team tournament this year, but the singles event was truly great. Amazing job, Jeremy! I had three great games, and ts was probably my favorite tournament in years. The games were just great, (especially that last one, Brent!).

I look forward to seeing pictures from the team event. I saw some really fun lists on Friday, and I must know Whqt they look like on the table!

Thanks again to everyone. I hope to see you all soon.

Josh
JLeong

Postby Guardian of Ecthelion » Mon Apr 23, 2012 1:02 am

I also want to thank Jeremy and Jamie for running the events. I had some good games and some great games andbest of all GREAT TIMES. It was good to see you all and shoot the breeze.

To all the Midwest crew, I know Jeff G brought this up and I agree that it would be nice to get together and play some games. Maybe we can schedule some saturdays to go to the bunker and play.
Guardian of Ecthelion

Postby BrentS » Mon Apr 23, 2012 7:32 am

Big Thanks to Jeremy and Jamie for running the events. I think everything went very smoothly... how about the team tournament actually finishing early!!

I had some amazingly fun games on both days. The Great Beast of Gorgoroth was fun to play. Though it became clear that his best offensive weapon was just dying. The nip-and-tuck battle with Josh Leong was so much fun. I watched portions of the Fellowship crumble at the hands of Khamul and then later Imrahil and Eomer. The Fellowship finally exacted its revenge on the Black Numenorians and Corsairs.

As always it was great to catch up with friends and meet some new players from around country.
BrentS

Postby AlexW » Mon Apr 23, 2012 8:43 pm

Thanks to you guys for running it and having such a great community. It was a fantastic experience for my first two Lotr tourneys and I'd say possibly the most enjoying tourney experience in my decade of miniatures gaming.

Game 2 of the team tourney was the highlight with all four of us laughing pretty hard throughout the whole thing.

While I'm bummed I won't be able to make Bilbo's this fall, I'll be doing my darnedest to get back out there sometime after that. Thanks again and looking forward to next time.
AlexW

Postby griffen127 » Tue Apr 24, 2012 3:26 pm

I want to thank Boston and Jamie. It was a great time. And I look forward to the future.
Proud founder of LotR FUBAD club. I need a sarcasm sign.
griffen127

Return to Lord of the Rings News