Siege of Pelennor WIPs

All the latest and greatest info concerning the constant struggle and strife across Middle-earth!

Siege of Pelennor WIPs

Postby BrentS » Sat Mar 10, 2012 3:30 pm

Here are some WIP photos for my Siege of Pelennor army for Adepticon.

Great Beast of Gorgoroth:

Also I didn't like the old Gothmog model with his left arm being so "useful" and the Warg bounding across the field. So I decided to convert one using the old model and the Warg Chieftan. Here is they are cut up and spliced together. Greenstuff comes later tonight:

Finally, my list needs me to get a second Morannon Orc captain and I needed four more Morannon Orcs with shields (no spears). I found an old blister of the metal spear armed Morannon and converted them to have hand weapons. Here's an example:

BrentS

Re: Siege of Pelennor WIPs

Postby jlong05 » Sat Mar 10, 2012 5:08 pm

That is some very nice conversion work you did there Brent. It's hard to convert those metals, but they do look nice when done.
The only "hobby" GW is interested in is lining their pockets with your money.
jlong05

Postby BrentS » Sun Mar 11, 2012 9:36 pm

After two sessions of Greenstuff:

BrentS

Postby sandman36 » Mon Mar 12, 2012 5:33 pm

That's looking good. I had my doubts when I first saw it but I like it.
sandman36

Postby BrentS » Mon Mar 12, 2012 6:11 pm

Thanks... I'm not 100% happy with the reins I made, as I think they probably are a bit too thick. However, in person its not quite as noticeable (compared to the mega scaling of the photo) and quite frankly, it would be a lot of work to go back and "fix" them. I just have a little bit of greenstuff to add to the warg face around the joints of the straps and the fur. Should finish that tonight and get him primed tomorrow.

EDIT: Ok, I lied... I did try to fix the reins tonight. I went with a brand new exacto blade on my knife and carefully trimmed the width down. All in all, pleased with the results. I also added a few more tufts of fur around the head/neck and back leg. I also realized I never put a strap on the bottom of the saddle so I did that too. Greenstuff is curing and the model gets a gentle wash and priming tomorrow.
BrentS

Return to Lord of the Rings News