potential bartertown deal

All the latest and greatest info concerning the constant struggle and strife across Middle-earth!

potential bartertown deal

Postby Lordgoober » Fri Mar 09, 2012 12:32 pm

Ok. I'm working on a potential buy off of bartertown with a guy. There are only certain things I'm looking for from his lot but he wants to sell it as one large lot. Here's what he's got (my interpretation of what he's said)

23 Axemen of Lossanarch (painted)
21 Clansmen of Lamedon (bare)
8 Dunedain (primed)
Arathorn and Halbarad (not the banner sculpt) MIB
2 Captains of Dol Amroth partially painted (I'm expecting one foot, one mounted he didn't state which way)
9 metal Army of the dead bare
20 plastic Army of the dead MOS.

he's asking a relatively reasonable price for these minis. I'm willing to do it on my own but ideally I really only want the Axemen and about half of the Clansmen and maybe the Arathorn and Halbarad blister for if I ever decide to do some Arnor warbands. Anyone else want to go in with me on this?
Lordgoober

Re: potential bartertown deal

Postby jlong05 » Fri Mar 09, 2012 4:28 pm

Lordgoober wrote:Ok. I'm working on a potential buy off of bartertown with a guy. There are only certain things I'm looking for from his lot but he wants to sell it as one large lot. Here's what he's got (my interpretation of what he's said)

23 Axemen of Lossanarch (painted)
21 Clansmen of Lamedon (bare)
8 Dunedain (primed)
Arathorn and Halbarad (not the banner sculpt) MIB
2 Captains of Dol Amroth partially painted (I'm expecting one foot, one mounted he didn't state which way)
9 metal Army of the dead bare
20 plastic Army of the dead MOS.

he's asking a relatively reasonable price for these minis. I'm willing to do it on my own but ideally I really only want the Axemen and about half of the Clansmen and maybe the Arathorn and Halbarad blister for if I ever decide to do some Arnor warbands. Anyone else want to go in with me on this?

I can't go in on the deal with you, but I woudl fully recommend getting pictures of everything he is offereing. As you said, you are expecting foot/mounted on teh captains, but he didnt say that, and the value changes based on that. Also the painted figures could be problematic depending on teh medium of paint. For all you know based on this, he could have used Testors Enamels.

Just my opinion, but I always like to be doubly sure of a trade/purchase before committing.
The only "hobby" GW is interested in is lining their pockets with your money.
jlong05

Return to Lord of the Rings News